iWedia integrates with Android 11 on Synaptics reference platformWednesday, May 19th, 2021
iWedia and Synaptics team up for swift Android 11 deployments
- iWedia has integrated new Android 11 on state-of-the-art Synaptics VS640 SoC
- The high-performance multimedia SoC allows AI-enriched video processing
- Joint integration enables optimum time-to-market for Android 11 deployments
LAUSANNE, Switzerland — iWedia, a leading provider of software components and solutions for TV devices for world-class service operators and consumer electronics manufacturers, today announced the complete integration of Android 11 on the latest Synaptics VS640 SoC.
The joint offering combines best-in-class hardware and software. This includes a high-performance, low power and cost-effective reference platform for Google and Netflix from Synaptics, along with world-class software components and unmatched integration services from iWedia. The platform enables rapid deployments even for highly complex, hybrid operator projects.
The Android 11 release includes recent features like Tuner HAL and MediaCAS V2. iWedia capitalizes on it to enable Widevine CAS support and hybrid DVB/IPTV/OTT use-cases thanks to its comprehensive products portfolio like ABR media player, IPTV and Broadcast stacks, on top of its Operator Tier Launcher and Targeted Ad solution.
Based on the acclaimed VideoSmart™ platform from Synaptics, the VS640 includes a quad-core multimedia processor with a dedicated dual-core audio DSP, an integrated CPU, GPU, and an NPU that is purpose-built with AI to enhance the user experience. The platform also offers the next generation AV1 video decode format — a requirement for future YouTube and Netflix content.
“This successful, early integration of Android 11 strengthens our long-standing relationship with iWedia,” said Siddarth Chandrasekar, Marketing Director at Synaptics. “As an AI-enabled platform, the VS640 brings opens new possibilities for the operators to innovate with new features and generate new monetization streams.”
Sunghoon Kim, VP Sales at iWedia, stated: “Service providers can leverage our joint integration to launch highly-customized set-top boxes or streaming IP devices in record-time. We are extremely happy to serve our customers with the most advanced, though cost-effective solutions, while ensuring a controlled time to market.”
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store