VodafoneZiggo video subscribers down 23,600 in 2Q 2021Friday, July 30th, 2021
VodafoneZiggo achieved good operational and financial results once again in the second quarter, with a growth in turnover of 3%. In this way, the company is indicating that it is on course to achieving its financial objectives for 2021.
Strong progress on Mediabox Next roll-out continues as 1.6 million customers (52% of our enhanced video base) have the next-generation 4K video platform, including the upgraded Mediabox XL boxes, and we continue to integrate more content related OTT apps into the platform.
Operating Statistics Summary – Video
As of and for the three months ended June 30, 2021 2020 ----------- ----------- Basic Video 511,000 499,900 Enhanced Video 3,276,600 3,365,800 Total Video 3,787,600 3,865,700
Q2 Organic RGU Net Additions (Losses):
As of and for the three months ended June 30, 2021 2020 ----------- ----------- Basic Video (400) 12,100 Enhanced Video (23,200) (10,200) Total Video (23,600) 1,900
1. Basic Video Subscriber is a home, residential multiple dwelling unit or commercial unit that receives our video service over our broadband network either via an analog video signal or via a digital video signal without subscribing to any recurring monthly service that requires the use of encryption-enabling technology. Encryption-enabling technology includes smart cards, or other integrated or virtual technologies that we use to provide our enhanced service offerings. We count RGUs on a unique premises basis. In other words, a subscriber with multiple outlets in one premises is counted as one RGU and a subscriber with two homes and a subscription to our video service at each home is counted as two RGUs.
2. Enhanced Video Subscriber is a home, residential multiple dwelling unit or commercial unit that receives our video service over our broadband network or through a partner network via a digital video signal while subscribing to any recurring monthly service that requires the use of encryption-enabling technology. Enhanced Video Subscribers are counted on a unique premises basis. For example, a subscriber with one or more set-top boxes that receives our video service in one premises is generally counted as just one subscriber. An Enhanced Video Subscriber is not counted as a Basic Video Subscriber. As we migrate customers from basic to enhanced video services, we report a decrease in our Basic Video Subscribers equal to the increase in our Enhanced Video Subscribers. Subscribers to enhanced video services provided by our operations over partner networks receive basic video services from the partner networks as opposed to our operations.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store