15 million Arabic SVOD subscribers by 2026Tuesday, August 31st, 2021
15 million Arabic SVOD subs by 2026
There will be 15 million SVOD subscriptions across 13 Arabic countries by 2026, up from 8.61 million in 2021.
Netflix will bring in more subscribers than second-place OSN and third-placed StarzPlay combined. [Disney+ will not start in the Arabic countries due to its deal with OSN].
Simon Murray, Principal Analyst at Digital TV Research, said: “Although overall subscriber numbers will climb impressively, there are just too many Arabic platforms. We do not believe that the market can sustain this many Arabic platforms as few of them offer much original or exclusive content.”
Links: Digital TV Research
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement