Nagravision to Demonstrate Ready-to-Deploy Solutions for Pay TV Revenue Generation at IBC2008Monday, September 8th, 2008
Innovative solutions introduce on-demand and interactivity into existing deployments
CHESEAUX, Switz. — At IBC2008, from September 12-16, 2008 in Amsterdam, Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company, will demonstrate ready-to-deploy solutions for Pay TV operators providing services over cable, DTH, DTT, IPTV, mobile and hybrid networks. Nagravision’s hybrid solutions converge the best of broadcast and broadband worlds into low-OPEX on-demand services that immediately generate incremental revenues for operators.
“In an increasingly competitive Pay TV environment, service providers have to rely on trustworthy partners for the deployment of a profitable service” said Ivan Verbesselt, SVP Marketing of Nagravision. “Partnering with Nagravision provides our customers with our experience and a rich portfolio of end-to-end solutions that are proven to scale to millions.”
By leveraging Kudelski Group solutions from OpenTV (NASDAQ GM: OPTV), Quative and SmarDTV, Nagravision provides an integrated end-to-end solution to accelerate time-to-market and increase revenues. The extremely modular and open architecture of the individual platforms equally allows standalone deployment of subsystems which guarantees a smooth integration in existing environments.
Demonstrations of solutions for Pay TV revenue generation at the IBC include:
- The world’s first HD DTT USB key decoder, developed by Nagravision and SmarDTV for CANAL+, allows viewers to watch premium Pay TV content securely on their PCs.
- Nagravision’s Follow-Me-TV Mobile TV convergence solution showcasing an advanced time-shift TV video service accessible to multiple screens (TV, PC and mobile). Features include programming a DVR from a mobile phone, pausing a live event from a set-top box and resuming viewing later on mobile player or PC.
- A Nagravision entry-level, pre-integrated turnkey on-demand solution for cable operators seeking to rapidly deploy on demand and related services. This solution enables the seamless introduction of next generation digital cable TV services into any existing deployment.
- Nagravision IP Cardless CA/DRM solution fully compliant with MPAA requirements and endorsed by premium TV content owners and Hollywood studios.
- The CANAL+ Pull VOD service, based on the Nagravision hybrid satellite/IP solution which leverages over-the-top (OTT) delivery to cost-effectively add interactivity and on-demand to any DTH service.
- NagraGuide interactive applications on HD and SD PVR set-top boxes running on OpenTV middleware.
- A comprehensive Nagravision mobile solution suite fully supporting both OMA SmartCard Profile and Open Security Framework across DVB-H, MediaFLO, DMB, STiMi, DVB-SH and MBMS networks.
- The world’s first fully functional ÂµSD/SD card with Nagravision embedded security providing a unique combination of convenient media portability and content security. The card allows content downloaded to a mobile phone to be viewed on portable media players.
“Fostering an open retail market of home devices not only drives service adoption, it is also is a key lever for an operator to control the most important capital expenditure element. A horizontal approach is claimed by many, however, Nagravision consistently continues to walk the talk,” continued Ivan Verbesselt.
Additional Nagravision solutions and services offering demonstrated on the booth include:
- SmarDTV’s leading role in making the CI+ specification a reality ensuring the interests of both service providers and content owners are protected. SmarDTV CI+ (Common Interface Plus) browser solution running on a cable ready iDTV will be showcased. The solution is a key enabler for an operator to homogenize look and feel across different platforms including iDTV sets sold in retail.
- SmarCAM ITALIA, currently launched by SmarDTV with Samsung, allows TV viewers to watch their programs directly on their digital-ready TV sets without requiring any other external device.
- Nagravision’s unequalled range of set-top box products and integration services to allow operators to speed up deployments with ready-to-roll bundled set-top box/GUI/middleware packages pre-integrated with leading consumer devices.
- TeSC’s independent automated mass testing and certification services for all manufacturers and operators, further expanding Nagravision’s certification capacity of over 150 set-top box models on a yearly basis.
Technology demonstrations for future applications on display include:
- A demonstration of DVB-CPCM functionality in the user domain. DVB-CPCM naturally integrates into Nagravision’s Persistent Rights Management (PRM) framework.
- A Pay TV service protection prototype that demonstrates how new concepts pioneered in emerging content distribution networks could enhance the traditional scrambling and conditional access architectures.