Media Distillery EPG correction deployed by Vodafone PortugalThursday, August 25th, 2022
Media Distillery Deployed by Vodafone Portugal for Improved TV User Experiences
- Vodafone Portugal has deployed EPG Correction Distillery™ to ensure EPG start-times of TV broadcasts are accurate
- Innovation in video trailblazer Media Distillery was selected to provide Vodafone Portugal customers with an enhanced TV user experience (UX)
- EPG Correction Distillery to be demonstrated at IBC 2022 Hall 5.H42
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands — IBC 2022 Hall 5.H42 — Media Distillery, leading provider of AI technology to optimise video UX, announces that Vodafone Portugal has deployed EPG Correction Distillery™ to improve the user experiences for subscribers to Vodafone TV services in that market.
Media Distillery will deliver the UX-enhancing capability specified by Vodafone, with the EPG Correction Distillery solution ensuring real-time accurate start-times for the most popular channels on the Vodafone Portugal IPTV/OTT service.
Overcoming EPG inaccuracies means better UX
A large building with trees in front of it Description automatically generated with medium confidenceA TV platform typically begins playing linear broadcasts from the EPG-indicated start time. However, programmes often don’t begin exactly on the time shown in the EPG. Without correction, on replay, the viewer might be compelled to watch the end of the preceding show. Even worse, if a programme starts earlier than the time displayed in the EPG, subscribers miss out on the start of their selected show.
Using AI, EPG Correction Distillery automatically carries out real-time analysis of broadcasts across multiple channels and makes adjustments to coincide with actual start-times of TV programmes as they are aired. Users can be confident they are seeing accurate start-time information on their EPG. Viewing experiences are therefore more harmonious, leading to enhanced satisfaction.
“We’re delighted that Vodafone Portugal has chosen EPG Correction Distillery to deliver enhanced viewing experiences to its customers,” said Roland Sars, CEO of Media Distillery.
Over 30 million homes worldwide now enjoy superior TV viewing experiences thanks to Media Distillery technology.
Links: Media Distillery; Vodafone
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution