hanarotelecom Posts 200,000 Subscribers for hanaTVThursday, January 4th, 2007
Seoul, South Korea — hanarotelecom incorporated (KOSDAQ: 033630) (NASDAQ: HANA) (‘Hanaro’ or the ‘Company’) announced today that it achieved 200,000 subscriber sign-ups for hanaTV, a TV-Portal service that enables subscribers to watch any content they want on TV at their convenience.
hanaTV has recently shown a sharp increase in the number of subscribers, with sign-ups exceeding 200,000 in just 40 days after reaching 100,000 in November last year.
Hanaro pointed out that subscriber sign-ups are on the rise owing to the increasing recognition of the convenience and various high-quality contents that hanaTV offers, in addition to the growing awareness of the TV-Portal service as five months have passed since the launch.
The Company also explained that hanaTV has become a home media center, backed by its efforts to aggregate high-quality contents including Korean and foreign movies, programs of three terrestrial broadcasting companies in Korea, educational programs, UCC (user-created content) and DMB (digital multimedia broadcasting) programs.
With the target to acquire 1 million hanaTV subscribers this year, Hanaro has secured 65,000 contents, the largest in Korea, by signing contracts with 150 domestic and foreign content providers such as Walt Disney Television, Sony Pictures Television International, CJ Entertainment, MBC, KBS, SBS, BBC Worldwide, EBS, National Geographic Channel and 20th Century Fox.
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics