Digital TV News: Carl Hibbert
Futuresource explores prospects for the media streamer/STB market
Apr 14, 2020 – A report from Futuresource Consulting explores the future prospects for the media streamer and set-top box market, as consumer demand gradually shifts away from traditional Pay-TV toward more flexible SVOD services.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Matthew Rubin, Carl Hibbert, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pay TV set top box market healthy, growth expected to 2016
Aug 20, 2013 – Global Pay TV set top box (STB) shipments continue to grow, with demand expected to peak at 180 million units in 2016, according to new research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
STB demand to reach 228 million units this year
Jul 3, 2012 – Following several years of healthy growth, demand for set top boxes (STBs) continues to climb this year, on track to reach 228 million units shipped globally, according to new research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box
Pay-TV Set-top Box Shipments on Target for 40% Growth
Jul 23, 2008 – Global shipments of Pay-TV Set Top Boxes (STBs) are on track to grow by nearly 40% by 2012 according to a new Industry Update Report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update