Digital TV News: Communications Authority of Kenya
Kenya consults on IPTV set-top box specification
Oct 31, 2017 – The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) has issued licenses to a number of service providers to offer IPTV and VoD. Alongside this, the CA has now developed draft technical specifications for IPTV STBs to ensure reliability and acceptable quality.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Digital TV, IPTV, Kenya, Set Top Box
Kenya launches awareness campaign ahead of December 31st analogue switch off
Dec 22, 2014 – The race to the December 31st analogue switch off for Nairobi and its environs has begun with the launch of a digital migration consumer awareness campaign. The event kicked off a series of road shows, and consumer awareness activities.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Francis Wangusi, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Kenya announces analogue TV switch off dates
Nov 28, 2014 – The Communications Authority of Kenya together with the country's Ministry of Information Communication and Technology have announced dates for the phased switch off of analogue television signals.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Eight new broadcasters apply for DTT licences in Kenya
Nov 19, 2014 – According to Kenya's Government Gazette, eight companies have applied to the Communications Authority of Kenya for new Broadcasting licences under the Kenya Information and Communications Act.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Kenya, Regulation, Terrestrial
Kenya's digital TV uptake at 18 per cent
Aug 6, 2014 – Kenya's Communications Authority has told the country's Star newspaper that take up of digital terrestrial TV set-top boxes nationwide now stands at 18%, with conversion in Nairobi largely complete.
News categories: Communications Authority, Digital TV, Kenya, Market Research, Terrestrial
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video