Digital TV News: Communications Authority of Kenya
Kenya consults on IPTV set-top box specification
Oct 31, 2017 – The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) has issued licenses to a number of service providers to offer IPTV and VoD. Alongside this, the CA has now developed draft technical specifications for IPTV STBs to ensure reliability and acceptable quality.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Digital TV, IPTV, Kenya, Set Top Box
Kenya launches awareness campaign ahead of December 31st analogue switch off
Dec 22, 2014 – The race to the December 31st analogue switch off for Nairobi and its environs has begun with the launch of a digital migration consumer awareness campaign. The event kicked off a series of road shows, and consumer awareness activities.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Francis Wangusi, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Kenya announces analogue TV switch off dates
Nov 28, 2014 – The Communications Authority of Kenya together with the country's Ministry of Information Communication and Technology have announced dates for the phased switch off of analogue television signals.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Eight new broadcasters apply for DTT licences in Kenya
Nov 19, 2014 – According to Kenya's Government Gazette, eight companies have applied to the Communications Authority of Kenya for new Broadcasting licences under the Kenya Information and Communications Act.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Kenya, Regulation, Terrestrial
Kenya's digital TV uptake at 18 per cent
Aug 6, 2014 – Kenya's Communications Authority has told the country's Star newspaper that take up of digital terrestrial TV set-top boxes nationwide now stands at 18%, with conversion in Nairobi largely complete.
News categories: Communications Authority, Digital TV, Kenya, Market Research, Terrestrial
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution