Digital TV News: Sohu
China’s online video market to quadruple
Jul 20, 2016 – The Chinese online video market, including revenue from advertising and content purchases, is forecast to more than quadruple from 22 billion Chinese yuan ($3.5 billion) in 2015 to 96.2 billion yuan ($17.6 billion) in 2020.
News categories: IHS Markit, Qingzhen Chen, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Qualcomm shows live LTE-TDD Broadcast with HEVC and DASH in China
May 15, 2014 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced that, in collaboration with Sohu.com (NASDAQ: SOHU), it has conducted the first announced live public demonstration of LTE-TDD Broadcast in China, featuring HEVC and DASH technologies.
News categories: Qualcomm, Sohu.com, Raj Talluri, Zeng, Xiongjie, 5G, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Hisense releases Smart TV 2.0
Apr 21, 2014 – Hisense has announced the released of VIDAA2, its latest smart television set. The two main features of the redefined VIDAA2 include new convergence (Juhaokan) and social (Juxiangjia) functionalities.
News categories: Hisense, Zhou Houjian, China, Smart TV
Sohu and Haier to offer HD Internet TV
Mar 23, 2009 – Sohu (Nasdaq: SOHU) and Haier (Hong Kong: 1169, Shanghai: 600690) have announced plans to provide an online HD movie channel that can be accessed using Haier's forthcoming line of internet-enabled televisions.
News categories: Haier, Sohu, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions