Digital TV News: Sohu
China’s online video market to quadruple
Jul 20, 2016 – The Chinese online video market, including revenue from advertising and content purchases, is forecast to more than quadruple from 22 billion Chinese yuan ($3.5 billion) in 2015 to 96.2 billion yuan ($17.6 billion) in 2020.
News categories: IHS Markit, Qingzhen Chen, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Qualcomm shows live LTE-TDD Broadcast with HEVC and DASH in China
May 15, 2014 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced that, in collaboration with Sohu.com (NASDAQ: SOHU), it has conducted the first announced live public demonstration of LTE-TDD Broadcast in China, featuring HEVC and DASH technologies.
News categories: Qualcomm, Sohu.com, Raj Talluri, Zeng, Xiongjie, 5G, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Hisense releases Smart TV 2.0
Apr 21, 2014 – Hisense has announced the released of VIDAA2, its latest smart television set. The two main features of the redefined VIDAA2 include new convergence (Juhaokan) and social (Juxiangjia) functionalities.
News categories: Hisense, Zhou Houjian, China, Smart TV
Sohu and Haier to offer HD Internet TV
Mar 23, 2009 – Sohu (Nasdaq: SOHU) and Haier (Hong Kong: 1169, Shanghai: 600690) have announced plans to provide an online HD movie channel that can be accessed using Haier's forthcoming line of internet-enabled televisions.
News categories: Haier, Sohu, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig