Smart TV (Connected TV, Integrated Digital Television, IDTV) News
VideoAmp renews deal to use VIZIO ACR data
Oct 6, 2021 – VideoAmp and VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) have announced that VideoAmp will continue to use VIZIO's Inscape Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) data from VIZIO Smart TVs for planning, measurement and TV ad sales use cases.
News categories: VIZIO, VideoAmp, Travis Hockersmith, Nick Chakalos, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Roku extends TV agreement with TCL to Brazil
Sep 30, 2021 – SEMP TCL has extended its partnership with Roku to bring TCL Roku TV models to Brazil later this year, while also introducing a new lineup of SEMP Roku TV models in the country this week.
News categories: Roku, SEMP TCL, Arthur van Rest, João Rezende, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Details of HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 announced
Sep 29, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has announced that the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 will take place as an in-person event on November 24-25 at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris in France.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Salto, Vincent Grivet, Thomas Follin, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Significant growth in U.S. smart TV and smart speaker/display adoption
Sep 29, 2021 – Parks Associates' Consumer Electronics Dashboard reveals that among the most commonly adopted CE device categories, smart TVs and smart speakers/displays showed significant growth during the COVID-19 pandemic.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Amazon introduces Echo Show 15 with 1080p video streaming
Sep 28, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has introduced Echo Show 15, with a 15.6", 1080p Full HD display. As well as its smart home features, Echo Show 15 integrates access to Prime Video, Netflix and Hulu.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
mtv and Sofia Digital make linear TV ads clickable on Smart TVs
Sep 27, 2021 – MTV Oy and Sofia Digital have developed a way to make advertising interactive on Smart TVs, enabling clickable campaigns to be activated on TV screens using companion devices such as smartphones.
News categories: Sofia Digital, MTV Oy, Advertising, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Smart TV, UX
Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
Sep 23, 2021 – Redbox has signed an agreement with Vewd to pre-load the Redbox app on all new Vewd powered TVs and set-top boxes in the US. The app offers access to movies and TV series from Redbox's TVOD service.
News categories: Redbox, Vewd, Jason Kwong, Amanda Oleson, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
Sep 23, 2021 – DTS (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Vestel has gained DTS:X certification for their new range of TVs. DTS:X for TV is an immersive audio solution designed for single and dual-core TV SoC architectures.
News categories: DTS, Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Gabriel Cosgrave, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
Sep 22, 2021 – Sofia Digital, in co-operation with the DVB Project, is working on a project to create a central service list registry (CSR) to help speed up adoption and applicability of the DVB-I standard.
News categories: Sofia Digital, DVB Project, DVB-I, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service