Venture Capital (VC) News
Applicaster secures $20M growth funding
Mar 26, 2019 – Applicaster has announced a $20M growth round of funding. The funding round, led by Viola Growth and backed by further investment from 83 North, Pitango, Saban Ventures, and Planven Investments, will be used to expand the company’s global presence and product set.
News categories: Applicaster, Jonathan Laor, Eran Westman, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Venture Capital, Worldwide
CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
Feb 11, 2019 – CuriosityStream has announced approximately $140 million in private placement funding to fuel the company's next phase of growth. New investors include Blum Capital Ventures and TimesSquare Capital Management.
News categories: CuriosityStream, Clint Stinchcomb, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
You.i TV adds $23m in growth capital
Nov 13, 2018 – You.i TV has announced the closing of a USD $23M in growth capital led by Causeway Media Partners, joined by the Company’s early backers WarnerMedia, Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, and Vistara Capital Partners.
News categories: You.i TV, Causeway Media Partners, Jason Flick, Stuart Russell, Bob Higgins, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
V-Nova secures investment from Novator Partners
Oct 18, 2018 – V-Nova has announced that it has secured a multi-million pound investment to drive further growth across the business. The firm will expand its R&D teams and its commercial functions to accelerate its market penetration.
News categories: V-Nova, Novator Partners, Guido Meardi, Thor Björgólfsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK, Venture Capital, Worldwide
21st Century Fox invests $100m in social broadcasting platform Caffeine
Sep 5, 2018 – 21st Century Fox (21CF) and Caffeine have announced that 21CF has led a round of funding for social broadcasting platform, Caffeine. 21CF has invested a combined $100 million in Caffeine and a newly formed venture called Caffeine Studios.
News categories: 21st Century Fox, Caffeine, Lachlan Murdoch, Ben Keighran, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
SPARK Neuro closes $13.5 million Series A funding round
Aug 8, 2018 – SPARK Neuro has secured $13.5 million of Series A financing. SPARK Neuro evaluates ads, movies, trailers and other content by measuring brain and other nervous system activity to see exactly when people are engaged and when they are not.
News categories: SPARK Neuro, Spencer Gerrol, Big Data, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Wicket Labs secures $2.8 million in funding to develop audience insights platform
Jul 12, 2018 – Wicket Labs has announced $2.8 million in financing. The funding will be used to expand the Wicket Scorecard which gives online video providers a deep analytical view of their current and future audience and to expand the product's reach to international markets.
News categories: Wicket Labs, WestRiver Group, Marty Roberts, Anthony Bontrager, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
Cleeng raises €5 million to strengthen OTT video technology
Jun 26, 2018 – Cleeng has announced a Series B funding round of €5 Million to drive product development and growth in key markets. With the new funding, Cleeng will up its sales and marketing efforts, broaden its partner network and further invest in research and development.
News categories: Cleeng, Walvis, Gilles Domartini, Vincent Gravesteyn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Light Field Lab raises $7m to develop holographic displays
Jan 25, 2018 – Light Field Lab has announced the close of a $7 million seed round. Light Field Lab will use the funding to complete a prototype enabling holographic objects to appear as if they are floating in space without the aid of accessories or head-mounted gear.
News categories: Light Field Lab, Khosla Ventures, Jon Karafin, Vinod Khosla, Digital TV, Venture Capital, VR, Worldwide
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020