Sogecable Consolidated Results as of June 30th 2007Tuesday, July 17th, 2007
- Sogecable achieves top high EBITDA profits in a quarter reaching 109.9 million
euros, up 62.5% year-on-year.
- Sogecable’s EBIT shows top record figures in a quarter as well. It amounts to 72.1 million euros in comparison to 15.4 million euros achieved in the same quarter in 2006.
- Quarterly EBIT for pay-television activities reaches 56.7 million euros, up 54.0% year-on-year. Cuatro achieves quarterly profits for the first time reaching EBIT profits of 15.4 million euros.
- In the quarter, Sogecable’s Net Profits amount to 34.8 million euros, in comparison to profits of 4.4 million euros in the same quarter last year. The net bank debt declined by 103.5 million euros in this quarter and amounts to 916.1 million euros as of June 30th 2007.
- As of June 30th 2007, 2,056,000 clients subscribe to DIGITAL+. The average revenue for the quarter was 45.7 euros in comparison to 42.4 euros registered in the same quarter in 2006.
- Cuatro’s audience shares showed highest levels since the beginning of operations. For the month of June 2007, the 24-hour average audience reached 8.1% and the monthly rate for the commercial target hit 10.0%.
The headlines of DIGITAL+, Sogecable’s pay-TV activity, in the second quarter of 2007 were as follows:
- As of June 30th 2007, DIGITAL+’s customer base reached 2,056,000 clients, representing a net growth of 66,000 subscribers in a year.
- As of June 30th 2007, the cancellation rate stood at 11.2%, compared to 12.0% twelve months ago.
- In the quarter, the average revenue per customer reached 45.7 euros in comparison to 42.4 euros registered in the second quarter of 2006.
- In this quarter, DIGITAL+ has launched CANAL+ Latino, a new subscription offer, and has implemented a newly improved electronic programming guide (EPG).
- Next quarter, Sogecable will offer iPLUS, the most advanced PVR decoder, available for the first time in Spain, exclusively on DIGITAL+.
- In the fourth quarter of 2007, the new triple play service TRIO+, result of the agreements between Telefónica and Sogecable, will be available on the Spanish market.
As of June 30th 2007, the subscriber base of DIGITAL+ stood at 2,056,000 clients. As of June 30th 2006, Sogecable had 1,990,000 subscribers, representing an increase of 66,000 new net subscribers in the last twelve months.
At the end of the previous quarter, as of March 31st 2007, DIGITAL+ had 2,065,000 customers. The client base of DIGITAL+ experienced a decrease of 9,000 subscribers during the second quarter of 2007. This period usually registers a seasonal decrease in commercial activity, basically due to the end of sports competitions and the beginning of the summer season.
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution