SeaChange's IBC Demonstrations to Reflect Software, Services Engaging Subscribers across Multiple ScreensWednesday, August 24th, 2011
ACTON, Mass. — IBC 2011 — SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) today revealed its demonstration line-up for IBC 2011, which underscores the television industry’s continued shift to multi-screen video with an array of software, applications and services that are already helping video operators deliver content to subscribers on set-tops, mobile, tablets and PC. SeaChange will exhibit on IBC stand 1.C27, Sept. 9-13 in Amsterdam.
“SeaChange’s IBC stand will be an immersive multi-screen experience where visitors will discover how subscribers are enjoying, managing, and sharing high-quality video experiences across devices, networks and platforms,” said Erwin van Dommelen, president, SeaChange software. “IBC attendees can learn about the current state and capabilities of multi-screen services through hands-on demonstrations covering everything from back-office management, promotions and advertising to subscriber experiences including integrated social networking.”
Multi-screen video technologies on display at SeaChange’s IBC stand will include:
- SeaChange Nitro™ Multi-Screen Subscriber Experience: Nitro software enables video operators to provide consumers with control over linear and on-demand content across mobile, PC, tablet and TV screens. Nitro leverages HTML5 to give subscribers intuitive features and functionality to navigate and manage video content on any screen they choose, including TV listings, bookmarking, search and recommendation, and handheld-as-a-remote capability.
- SeaChange Adrenalin™ Multi-Screen Video Back Office: Built using an open service oriented architecture, operators are using SeaChange Adrenalin to deliver a consistent video experience that avails millions of video assets to millions of devices across multiple networks. Adrenalin can establish new services or incrementally transform existing services to provide rich and seamless user experiences across mobile, tablet, PC and TV screens with extensive cross-promotional capabilities and fully integrated linear and non-linear advertising.
- SeaChange Business Management Suite: Business Management Suite has comprehensive, web-based offer management capabilities that give marketers anytime, anywhere access to create and manage offers and video libraries that maximize subscriber engagement across devices.
- SeaChange Affinity™ Social Media Capabilities: The Affinity application integrates with on-demand services running on Apple iPad to support content recommendation (browsing, sharing, liking and commenting within the app as well as on Facebook and Twitter). Affinity also enables the sharing of a common VOD experience as part of a “virtual party,” whereby users can organize a watching party among friends and communicate, share comments and invite others.
- SeaChange Infusion Advanced Advertising Platform: Infusion is built to help video operators manage centralized ad operations and scale to 150,000 insertable channels and millions of ad assets as they migrate to consolidated regional and national advertising systems that are managed from increasingly web-centric and virtualized datacenters. Infusion enables targeted advertisements to be dynamically inserted into linear and on-demand video streams across multiple screens. Leveraging SCTE 130 and IAB VAST standards, Infusion allows video operators to control which external ad servicing systems get called for dynamic placement decisions, create opportunities for cross-platform campaigns and leverage internet campaign management pricing for TV content.
SeaChange will also showcase its eventIS line of linear broadcast solutions for operators providing HbbTV and DVB services. Consisting of the STAGIS, CASIS and SPECTRIS and CAPTIS products, SeaChange’s linear DVB broadcast platform helps operators manage, monitor and automate the complex metadata, electronic program guide (EPG), table generation and scheduling functions required to meet and support open DVB standards.
- STAGIS is a schedule management system that collects EPG data, parses the files, checks them for consistency and converts them into a standard format.
- SPECTRIS supports both system and DVB metadata monitoring and verification.
- CASIS provides a MPEG/DVB-compliant table, access criteria generation and multiplexer profile scheduling.
- CAPTIS records broadcast transport streams to safeguard quality of service.
SeaChange will also exhibit the latest broadcast technologies. Aimed to help broadcasters create, store, and monetize media assets, SeaChange will feature the following servers and storage products:
- UNIVERSAL MEDIALIBRARY GRID is an enterprise-class storage server infrastructure for broadcasters and media content providers. Each “brick” features up to 144TB of storage and an industry-leading performance of 17Gbps throughput. Both storage and performance are scalable in a linear fashion when “bricks” are added in a grid architecture.
- MEDIACLIENT is a flexible software codec server for SD, HD, and SD/HD with open-standard MXF interoperability. It has the highest channel density in the market of up to 4 inputs and 8 outputs.
- MEDIASERVER is a standalone video server that offers the same functionality as the MediaClient with up to 16TB of storage.
SeaChange is shortlisted for a Cable & Satellite International CSI Award for Best TV Everywhere/Multi-Screen category. The awards will be presented during a ceremony on Friday, Sept. 9, from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Amsterdam RAI.