Viaccess showcases 'TV Solutions Tailored to Your Needs' at IBCTuesday, September 6th, 2011
PARIS — At IBC 2011, Viaccess (Hall 1, Stand A51), a France Telecom (Paris: FTE; NYSE: FTE) group company and leader in conditional access and DRM systems, and owner of Orca Interactive, a leading innovative provider of IPTV middleware and applications, will show service providers how to protect and enhance the value of content services with “TV solutions tailored to your needs”.
Viaccess will showcase a comprehensive TV Everywhere suite comprising content protection, rights management, content discovery and recommendation and companion device applications, service operators can leverage to deliver a successful multi-screen content strategy and provide a more personalized and consistent TV-centric end-user experience on all devices (TVs, tablets, smartphones, PCs and others).
“As we head into 2012, operators are looking for a fully-fledged, ready-to-deploy method of delivering the true TV Everywhere experience,”said François Moreau de Saint Martin, Viaccess CEO. “These solutions are designed to help content service providers deliver a consistent and persistent user experience across devices, while improving the return on investment on the content acquisition, increasing overall ARPU and enhancing the overall attractiveness of the service.”
Demonstrations on the Viaccess stand, will illustrate the powerful, ready-to-deploy TV Everywhere solution that is comprised of a number of key building blocks designed to secure and personalize the TV experience:
- A Unified Service Delivery platform enabling a consistent and persistent end-user experience.
- A secure video player for devices such as tablets and smartphones.
- A multi-DRM platform to manage the complexity of content rights in a fragmented DRM technology landscape.
- A content discovery and recommendation platform to manage the infinite choices of content that the end user is currently being offered. This platform will deliver an immersive user-experience and ensure the best return-on-investment for content service providers who need to recoup their content investments.
- Companion device applications for both Android, and iOS based smartphones and tablets allowing users to manage, enhance and personalize their TV experience from a second screen.
Multi-screen has become a pre-requisite and part of end-user expectations. This encompasses companion device dual-screen use and device/place shifting to allow end-users to watch content on the device of their choice at the time of their choice. This multi-dimension challenge requires managing content protection, rights and content discovery in a way that maintains a convenient and pleasant viewing experience.
Other demonstrations on display will include hybrid solutions based on HbbTV standard and digital home networking solutions for distribution of content within the home, alternative scheme to Cloud-centric for enjoying content on different devices.
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution