Teleste launches complete OTT solution for cable operatorsWednesday, August 29th, 2012
Teleste’s new Ubique Enables European Cable Operators to Start True TV Everywhere Services at a Fraction of the Cost
At IBC 2012, Teleste, an international technology group specialised in broadband video and data communication systems and services, will introduce the first complete OTT solution. The new Teleste Ubique includes every-thing that cable operators need to bring TV Everywhere services to their customers. Additionally, Teleste will introduce extensions to its Luminato headend platform and showcase the Network Genius iPad game that lets players try their hand in maintaining a cable network on an iPad. Teleste welcomes you to learn more and visit us at the stand 4.C72 in Amsterdam 7 – 11 September 2012.
The arrival of OTT services has been a major challenge especially to small and mid-sized European cable oper-ators because so far, operators have had to build their OTT services from the ground up. Typical projects have lasted 12-18 months and cost millions of euros. Teleste Ubique enables operators of all sizes to start their own OTT services even in just two months and at a fraction of the cost.
At IBC 2012, Teleste will showcase:
- Teleste Ubique, a complete multi-screen solution for managing and distributing TV channels, on- and interactive services on DVB, IPTV and OTT networks. Teleste Ubique includes everything needed to set up an OTT service – headends, transcoders, management system, and content protection system. Teleste Ubique enables multi-screen delivery to set-top-boxes, iPad and web browsers, turning a tradi-tional TV to a modern entertainment center and bringing traditional TV channels to iPads.
- Customizable end-user applications for iPads, set-top boxes and web browsers. At IBC, Teleste will showcase the Ubique iPad application, which enables operators to start offering iPad video services. The application is delivered with source code, which enables operators to easily tailor the application to fit their brand and portfolio.
- New graphical user interface for Luminato. The new user interface makes management of Luminato effortless – everything is visible in a single graphical view, and administrators can add new services just by drag and drop. This eliminates lot of the manual configuration work and provides network administra-tors with an easily understandable view of their network.
- Teleste’s Intelligent Networks concept has been shortlisted at the CSI Product of the Year Awards 2012. Teleste Intelligent Networks concept enables operators to recognize, supress, and man-age problems in cable networks. Intelligent Networks dramatically reduces the need for on-site mainte-nance and reduces network operating costs by even up to 50 percent.
- Teleste will also showcase the Network Genius iPad game, the first game ever to feature cable net-work maintenance! The game highlights the benefits of Intelligent Networks, and challenges the players to test their skills at managing a cable network. The game works on iPads and is available free from iTunes App Store.