Net Serviços ends 2012 with 5.38 million pay TV subscribers, up 13.8% Y-o-YTuesday, February 12th, 2013
SÃO PAULO — Net Serviços de Comunicação S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: NETC3 and NETC4; Nasdaq: NETC; and Latibex: XNET), the largest cable operator in Brazil and Latin America, offering integrated services that include Pay TV (“NET”), Digital Video (“NET Digital”), High Definition Digital Video (“NET Digital HD”), bidirectional broadband internet access (“NET Vírtua”) and Voice, in association with Embratel (“NET Fone via Embratel”), announces today its results for the fourth quarter(“4Q12”) and for the fiscal year ended 2012.
The Pay TV base ended the year with 5,381 thousand clients, 13.8% more than in 2011.
Pay TV subscribers – End-December (millions):
2012 2011 2010 ----- ----- ----- 5.381 4.730 4.212
In November 2012, the National Telecommunications Agency – Anatel – granted permission under Brazil’s Serviço de Acesso Condicionado (SeAC) law for the Company to provide connections throughout Brazil via the conversion of existing cable and MMDS licenses. As a result, the Company has begun to offer cable TV service in 44 new cities. By the end of 2013, NET expects to double the number of cities with a full portfolio of products.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store