América Móvil nears 10 million pay TV subscribers in BrazilThursday, February 9th, 2012
MEXICO CITY — América Móvil, S.A.B. de C.V. (“América Móvil”) [BMV: AMX] [NYSE: AMX] [NASDAQ: AMOV] [LATIBEX: XAMXL], announced today its financial and operating results for the fourth quarter of 2011.
We finished December with 13.4 million Pay TV units. Our Pay TV business exhibited an annual increase of 33.1%.
Brazil (Claro, Via Embratel, NET Serviços)
We added 846 thousand Pay TV accesses in the quarter and 2.9 million in the full year to end December with close to 10 million clients, 41.6% more than a year before.
The Net Serviços de Comunicação S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: NETC3 and NETC4; Nasdaq: NETC; and Latibex: XNET) Pay TV base ended the year with 4,730 thousand clients, 12.3% more than in 2010.
On the fixed-line platform, the quarter’s revenues increased 12.1% mostly on account of broadband and Pay TV growth.
Pay TV subscribers increased nearly 50%.
Central America and the Caribbean (Claro)
Pay TV accesses jumped 30.5% from the year-earlier quarter.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store