DVB-T2/HEVC trial to begin in North-Rhine WestphaliaThursday, August 13th, 2015
MEDIA BROADCAST and German public broadcaster, WDR (Westdeutscher Rundfunk), have announced the start of a DVB-T2/HEVC trial in the region of North-Rhine Westphalia. The trial, covering both static and mobile reception, is due to begin on August 18th.
WDR will broadcast a DTT multiplex of free-to-air public channels on channel 40 from the transmitter at Venusberg (near Bonn), whilst Media Broadcast will broadcast a multiplex of commercial channels on channel 43, from the Colonius transmitter in Cologne. The two 20kW transmissions will combine to form a single-frequency network (SFN).
The trial is intended to support the testing of the whole transmission chain from transmitter to receiving devices, enabling manufacturers of broadcast equipment and receivers to test their products, in advance of the launch of the full service in June 2016. A DVB-T2 HD logo has been created for compliant devices.
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics