Worldwide 4K STB installed base hits 31 million units in 2017Thursday, September 20th, 2018
4K Set-top boxes global installed base reached 31 million units in 2017
According to Dataxis recently concluded update, the global installed base for 4K Set-top Boxes have grown to 31 million units, at the end of 2017, compared to only 3 million units in 2015. Operators around the world are deploying more and more 4K boxes, which is reflecting in the global numbers.
Europe is growing at the fastest rate accounting for 52% of the total 4K boxes in 2017, followed by Asia-Pacific excluding China (32%), North and Latin America (5%), Middle-East (4%) and Africa (1%).
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution