VBox announces ATSC 3.0 TestbedWednesday, August 11th, 2021
New Enhanced Version of ATSC 3.0 TV Gateway for NextGenTV Developers & System Integrators
- New Enhanced Version of TV Gateway for NextGenTV Developers & System Integrators
HERZLIYA, ISRAEL — VBox Communications, a pioneering specialist in broadcast TV streaming, recording and digital datacasting, announced the availability of its new ATSC 3.0 Testbed – an enhanced version of the company’s original ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway product released earlier this year.
The VBox ATSC 3.0 Testbed is designed for TV stations, broadcast engineers, video system integrators, digital app developers, and others in the emerging NextGenTV technology development ecosystem looking to test “real-world” ATSC 3.0 features and functionality.
As US deployments of the ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard approach 50% market penetration later this summer – and more than 70% by the end of 2021 – a priority shift towards commercial productization and monetization of potential NextGenTV capabilities is quickly coming into focus. VBox’s ATSC 3.0 Testbed provides an ideal, ready-made toolkit for monitoring service performance and ascertaining technical viability for product field trials and market launches.
ESG Electronic Service Guide in ATSC 3.0 example:
The VBox ATSC 3.0 Testbed offers the ability to analyze both linear and “beyond-TV” ATSC 3.0 signal provision through features such as:
- ATSC 3.0 Signal Reception: Ensuring signals arrive as expected, via ROUTE and DASH protocols;
- Advanced Emergency Alerts Reception: Enabling AEA-standard weather and storm information as well as localized emergency messaging;
- Electronic Service Guide Reception and Visualization: Monitoring of broadcaster/3rd-party programming information for accuracy and timeliness;
- SDK Provision and Testing Documentation: Enabling oversight of 3rd-party application development, deployment and compliance testing.
As an official member of the Advanced Television Systems Committee VBox Communications is committed to implementing ATSC 3.0
VBox’s ATSC 3.0 Testbed offers a unique approach to addressing the advanced features and benefits of the new ATSC 3.0 standard in addition to the video and audio features enhancements it provides.
Links: VBox Communications