SK Broadband adds 138,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2021Wednesday, August 11th, 2021
SK Broadband was no. 1 in terms of IPTV subscriber net adds in Q2 and 1H of 2021 while Media S strengthened competitiveness
- No. 1 in terms of IPTV subscriber net adds in Q2 and 1H in 2021 with 138K net adds in Q2, resulting in 8.81m pay-TV subscribers at the end of Q2 (IPTV 5.92m, CATV 2.89m)
SEOUL, Korea — SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM, hereinafter referred to as “SKT”) today announced its earnings for the second quarter of 2021 on a K-IFRS consolidated basis: revenue of KRW 4.818 trillion, operating income of KRW 396.6 billion, and net income of KRW 795.7 billion.
SK Broadband achieved the highest net additions of IPTV subscribers in the market in the first half of this year and expanded its pay TV subscriber base to 8.81 million as of the end of the second quarter. Media S, SK broadband’s subsidiary that operates entertainment channels, is rapidly increasing its presence in the market since it began broadcasting in April 2021 by providing differentiated contents through partnerships with Korea’s leading production companies and content providers.
Pay-TV subscribers (millions):
2Q20 3Q20 4Q20 1Q21 2Q21 ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- Cable TV 3.0 3.0 2.9 2.9 2.9 IPTV 5.4 5.5 5.7 5.8 5.9 ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- Total 8.398 8.522 8.586 8.686 8.806
Links: SK Telecom
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027