Telenet announces First Half 2007 resultsMonday, August 6th, 2007
- EBITDA growth of 19%, margin at 48%; doubling of operating free cash flow
- Record first half RGU additions
- €6.00 per share cash distribution to shareholders
Telenet Group Holding NV (“Telenet” or the “Company”) (Euronext Brussels: TNET) announces its consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards as adopted by the EU (“EU GAAP”) for the first half of 2007:
- Strong first half year RGU additions reflecting strong progress made in our first quarter and a good second quarter in line with projected seasonal trends;
- Continued solid annual growth of triple play customers (up 36%) and ARPU per unique customer (up 13%);
- Revenue of €456.7 million, up 15%;
- EBITDA of €217.9 million, up 19%, first half year EBITDA margin a solid 48%;
- Net profit of €117.7 million compared to a loss of €1.1 million a year ago. Excluding onetime impact of deferred tax asset, recurring net profit of €24.7 million, up 22%;
- Strong improvement in operating free cash flow to €88.5 million, double from €44.1 million last year.
- Capital reduction of €6.00 per share, subject to shareholders’ approval.