Telekom Slovenia exceeds 100k video subscribersFriday, May 29th, 2009
LJUBLJANA — Telekom Slovenia Group (Telekom Slovenije d.d.) [Ljubljana:TLSG] has continued the trend of income growth in the first three months of the year. The group had EUR 197.8 million of income, which is six percent more than in the same period of last year.
The first quarter of 2009 in comparison with the end of the first quarter of 2008 is marked by still favourable 15% growth in the number of broadband accesses in an exceptionally competitive market.
The growth of IPTV (SiOL TV) services is a consequence of the construction of new broadband (primarily FTTH) access and competitive offers, especially of services packages. Cable television connections are marketed in packages and independently with FTTH access, which stood at 6,555 connections at the end of March 2009, which is 3.7 times more than at the end of the first quarter of 2008.
Services 31/3/2008 31/3/2009 Index 09/08 -------- --------- --------- ----------- Broadband 181,277 202,219 112 IP TV 53,431 95,331 178 CATV 1,773 6,555 370
More: Earnings Release
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store