Digital TV News: Corus
Pluto TV debuts in Canada
Dec 1, 2022 – Pluto TV has made its debut in Canada, streaming more than 20,000 hours of free programming to Canadians. This marks Pluto TV's most robust content at launch offering to-date.
News categories: Pluto TV, Corus Entertainment, Olivier Jollet, Troy Reeb, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Pluto TV to launch with Corus in Canada this fall
Jun 8, 2022 – Corus (TSX: CJR.B) and Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) have announced that Pluto TV will launch in Canada this fall. Corus will be the ad representative for what is positioned to become one of the largest FAST services in the country.
News categories: Corus, Pluto TV, Paramount, Greg McLelland, Olivier Jollet, Advertising, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
GroupM launches Finecast addressable TV in Canada
Mar 5, 2020 – GroupM has announced the Canadian launch of Finecast. After launching and running campaigns in the UK and Australia, this entrance into the Canadian market solidifies Finecast as a global platform for targeting audiences via connected TV.
News categories: Finecast, GroupM, Jakob Nielsen, Stuart Garvie, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Rogers Unveils Television On Demand Online In Canada
May 26, 2010 – Rogers Communications (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B)(NYSE: RCI) has launched Rogers On Demand Online, featuring new content and enhanced services including social tools, primetime and multicultural programming, higher resolution and live streaming.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Streaming
Shaw and Corus Launch a 3D Revolution
May 6, 2009 – Shaw Communications (TSX: SJR.B, NYSE: SJR) and Corus Entertainment (TSX: CJR.B, NYSE: CJR) have introduced the largest offering of 3D TV in Canada. Shaw VoD and Corus' Movie Central will roll out a range of 3D content directly to the home.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Corus Entertainment, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Metaverse
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media