Digital TV News: Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC)
NGB to partner with KBC to provide Digital Pay TV services in Kenya
Feb 15, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) has confirmed plans to enter the Kenyan market. NGB Kenya will launch its bouquet of Pay TV services under the brand name SMART TV using the latest digital TV service based on the MPEG 4 technology.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Kenya to test digital terrestrial TV in October
Sep 16, 2009 – NAIROBI -- Kenya is planning to begin testing digital terrestrial TV transmission in October according to its Permanent Secretary for Information. Tests will be conducted by the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC).
News categories: KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Services
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation-DStv to launch Mobile television
Oct 24, 2007 – Television viewership in the country is set to undergo a major transformation following the partnering by national broadcaster KBC with Digital Mobile Television (DMTV) Limited to bring mobile TV to the country.
News categories: Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC), DStv, Digital TV, Kenya, Mobile
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029