Digital TV News: MHL, LLC
MHL Consortium showcases superMHL at CES2016
Jan 5, 2016 – MHL Consortium will have the latest superMHL innovations on display at CES 2016. Attendees will be able to get hands-on with a complete 8K home entertainment system powered by superMHL technology. MHL’s latest specification supports advanced color and High Dynamic Range (HDR).
News categories: MHL Consortium, Futuresource, Gordon Hands, Jack Wetherill, CES2021, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
MHL Consortium announces superMHL - first to support 8K
Jan 6, 2015 – MHL Consortium has announced the superMHL™ specification, the next-generation of MHL® technology for CE and mobile devices. superMHL delivers higher resolution and frame rates along with 40W of power charging, while broadening MHL’s reach by supporting 8K video resolution.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Rob Tobias, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
MHL ecosystem surpasses 650 million products worldwide
Sep 22, 2014 – MHL, LLC has announced that more than 650 million MHL® products have shipped worldwide since the first MHL-enabled products were released in 2011. MHL technology brings HD multimedia content from a mobile device to a larger screen.
News categories: MHL, LLC, Rob Tobias, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
First MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD products to be unveiled at Mobile World Congress
Feb 24, 2014 – MHL, LLC has announced that more than half a billion MHL products have been shipped since the inception of the standard. The first MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD Products will be on show at Mobile World Congress 2014.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Mobile, MWC20, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
MHL Consortium announces MHL 3.0 specification
Aug 20, 2013 – MHL, LLC has announced the MHL 3.0 specification to address the latest consumer requirements for connecting a mobile device to displays, marking major advancements in the areas of audio and video transmission over an MHL® link.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Mobile, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
More Than 50 Million MHL Products Shipped Globally in 2011
Feb 21, 2012 – MHL, LLC, responsible for administering the MHL Consortium and the adoption, licensing and promotion of the MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) specification, has announced that more than 50 million MHL products were shipped globally in 2011.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Market Research, MWC20, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
First MHL-Enabled Smartphones Now in Mass Production
May 16, 2011 – The MHL Consortium has announced that the first mobile phones with MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) connectivity are now in mass production - the Samsung Galaxy S II and Infuse™ 4G.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Mobile, Smart Home, Smart TV
MHL Consortium Releases Compliance Test Specification to Growing Adopter Base
Dec 21, 2010 – The MHL Consortium has released its Compliance Test Specification (CTS), with Simplay™ Labs, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MHL Promoter, Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG), as the first Authorized Test Center (ATC).
News categories: MHL Consortium, CES2021, Mobile, Smart Home, Smart TV
MHL 1.0 Specification and Adopter Agreement Now Available
Jun 30, 2010 – The MHL Consortium has announced the availability of its MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) specification and Adopter Agreement. The MHL standard defines an interface to connect mobile phones and portable CE devices to HD TVs and displays.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Digital TV, Mobile, Portable, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow