Digital TV News: Media Rating Council
MRC issues guidance on OTT/CTV and SSAI video measurement
Aug 30, 2021 – The MRC has issued a final version of its updated guidance and best practices document for measurement in OTT and CTV environments, and when Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) digital video techniques are used.
News categories: Media Rating Council, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
MRC suspends accreditation of Nielsen local TV services
Sep 1, 2021 – The Media Rating Council (MRC) has decide to suspend its accreditation of Nielsen’s National Television and Local People Meter and Set Meter Markets services. The changed status becomes effective in mid-September.
News categories: Media Rating Council, Nielsen, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
Jul 27, 2021 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has announced that the company has received Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation for video filtering, benchmarks, and connected TV (CTV) fully on-screen and completion metrics.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Media Rating Council, Mark Zagorski, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
Jan 14, 2021 – DoubleVerify has received Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation for display and video rendered ad impression measurement and invalid traffic filtration in the Connected TV (CTV) media environment.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Media Rating Council, Mark Zagorski, George W. Ivie, Olga O’Donnell, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
MRC finalizes Cross-Media Audience Measurement Standards for video
Sep 4, 2019 – The Media Rating Council (MRC) has issued a final version of its Cross-Media Audience Measurement Standards. The document sets forth provisions to guide the measurement of video advertising and content delivered through television, OTT and digital, including both desktop and mobile.
News categories: Media Rating Council, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Nielsen audience measurement accredited by MRC for Mexico
Mar 27, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has been granted accreditation by the Media Rating Council (MRC) for its Television Audience Measurement (TAM) service in 28 cities, offered in Mexico through its joint venture Nielsen IBOPE.
News categories: Nielsen IBOPE, Media Rating Council, Jose De la Rosa, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Mexico
Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
Jan 15, 2019 – Findings from MRI’s Cord Evolution research show that Americans watch TV or video in groups almost half (48%) of their total viewing time. In addition, 49% of all adults report that they are 'co-viewing' more often now than they did three years ago.
News categories: MRI, Amy Hunt, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Pixalate receives MRC accreditation for OTT invalid traffic detection and filtration
Nov 14, 2018 – Pixalate has become the first company to receive accreditation from the Media Rating Council (MRC) for Sophisticated Invalid Traffic (SIVT) detection and filtration for over-the-top (OTT) video ad impressions.
News categories: Pixalate, Media Rating Council, Jalal Nasir, George W. Ivie, Jay Friedman, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Innovid launches video ad creation tool for connected TV
Sep 27, 2018 – Innovid has announced the launch of OTT Composer, an advertising tool that enables users to design interactive ads for Connected TV and scale dynamic creative across video everywhere. The product enables users to build an interactive video once and have it work across all OTT devices and channels.
News categories: Innovid, Tal Chalozin, Peter Naylor, Vikrant Mathur, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform