Digital TV News: Openwave Mobility
Operators experiencing up to 100% YoY mobile video growth
Feb 26, 2019 – Research from Openwave Mobility has found that over the past five years, video on mobile networks has grown on average 50-60% year-on-year (YoY), while in many developing markets, the rate is more than twice this.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Enea, Matt Halligan, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC21, Streaming, Worldwide
2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
Dec 13, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released its predictions for 2019. These predictions are based on some of the findings from the Mobile Video Industry Council - which includes Tier 1 mobile operators alongside key industry analysts.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Mobile Video Industry Council, John Giere, Matt Halligan, Indranil Chatterjee, Aman Brar, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Mobile Video Index: Facebook Video is poised to overtake YouTube
Feb 26, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released the latest findings from its Mobile Video Index (MVI). The study found that while YouTube remains the most popular for mobile video, Facebook is rapidly closing the gap in some markets – and has even overtaken YouTube in others.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Analysys Mason, Indranil Chatterjee, Gorkem Yigit, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Openwave Mobility launches in-network app monetization for OTT
Feb 28, 2017 – Openwave Mobility has launched the industry’s first generic NFV-based application monetization solution. Operators can now identify all individual data flows on their network and separately bill or zero-rate data use for any specific service.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Indranil Chatterjee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC21, Streaming, Worldwide
Openwave Mobility launches 4K Ultra HD video optimization for mobiles
Oct 13, 2014 – Openwave Mobility has announced DynaMO, capable of optimizing High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) to achieve optimum HD video playback on mobile devices. It offers carriers up to five times more data savings compared to previous technologies.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Matt Halligan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Worldwide
- Insys Video powers new Olympique Lyonnais OTT streaming service
- Kantar appointed for TV audience measurement in Azerbaijan
- Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
- Jamaica's switchover to digital television begins in 2022
- WISI powers multiscreen ABR video service at Cable Bahamas
- InterDigital report details impact of AI/ML on video entertainment
- Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Greensboro, NC
- Intertrust ExpressPlay added to Vewd Operator TV ecosystem
- rlaxx TV available for iOS and iPadOS
- NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
- Progressive Generation Studios launches PG Kids with OTT from Red Bee
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service