Digital TV News: Synergy Research
Video infrastructure spending outstrips client hardware and software revenue
Jun 22, 2015 – Q1 data from Synergy Research shows that revenue growth from video infrastructure network hardware and software is far outstripping growth from client hardware and software. While revenue from all video infrastructure grew by 7% Y-o-Y, network hardware and software grew at 10% and 17%.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco leads in both Video Infrastructure Software and Hardware
Dec 12, 2014 – New Q3 data from Synergy Research Group shows that Cisco maintains a strong market lead in both video infrastructure software and hardware, with its worldwide share of revenues approaching 20% in both segments.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Stellar growth forecast for some Video Infrastructure Software market segments
Oct 7, 2014 – New Q2 data contained in a complimentary report from Synergy Research Group shows that client software is the fastest growing software category within the video infrastructure software market, followed by headend software.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
IPTV Equipment Posts Aggressive Growth in Q2 2008
Aug 15, 2008 – Synergy Research Group (SRG) has announces the availability of the Synergy Q2 2008 IPTV Market Share report, which shows the overall IPTV equipment market growing 30.3 percent year over year.
News categories: Synergy Research Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Coship chooses ANT Galio Browser as platform partner for latest IPTV set-top boxes
Jun 16, 2008 – ANT (AIM:ANTP) has announced that Coship has licensed ANT Galio Browser for use in its next generation IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: ANT Software, Coship, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Q1 2008 IPTV Equipment Posts Aggressive Growth
May 16, 2008 – Synergy Research Group (SRG) has announced the availability of the Synergy Q1 2008 IPTV Market Share report. The fastest growing IPTV market segment was IPTV Set Top Boxes (STB), which grew 86 percent year over year.
News categories: Synergy Research, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region