Digital TV News: WiMedia Alliance
Sigma Designs Announces CoAir, the World's First Ultrawideband chipset with integrated Wireless, Coax and Gigabit Ethernet for High Speed Whole Home Networking
Jun 24, 2008 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced CoAir™, the industry's first Ultrawideband (UWB) and WiMedia™ standard-based chipset with combined wireless, coax and Ethernet capabilities.
News categories: Sigma Designs, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home
UWB-based Short Range Wireless Technology to Have a Profound Impact on Future Mobile Device Communications
May 19, 2008 – Wireless USB, based on the WiMedia Alliance's Ultrawideband (UWB) common radio platform which is promoted by USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), is slowly garnering attention from mobile device manufacturers as it has exhibited efficient power consumption.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Fujitsu and Sigma Designs Announce Wireless HDAV Technology Collaboration
Jan 2, 2008 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and Fujitsu Microelectronics America, Inc. (FMA) will collaborate to deliver Wireless HDAV™ technology solutions for consumer electronics manufacturers serving the High-Definition (HD), A/V, cable-replacement market.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Fujitsu Microelectronics, CES2023, Digital TV, DVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
WiMedia Alliance Certifies First Ultra-Wideband Products
Oct 8, 2007 – The WiMedia™ Alliance has announced the first silicon products certified on its Ultra-Wideband (UWB) Common Radio Platform.
News categories: WiMedia Alliance, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK