Digital TV News: Ashish Pherwani
Indian M&E sector recovered 16.4% to reach ₹1.61 trillion in 2021
Mar 21, 2022 – According to the 2022 EY-FICCI report, TV advertising in India grew 25% to end 2021 just 2% short of 2019 levels. Subscription revenue continued to fall, down 6.2%. Connected TV sets increased to 10 million.
News categories: EY, FICCI, Ashish Pherwani, Sanjay Gupta, Jyoti Deshpande, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
Media and Entertainment in India to reach ₹2.23 trillion by 2023
Mar 26, 2021 – The Indian Media and Entertainment (M&E) sector is expected to grow by 25% in 2021 to reach ₹1.73 trillion (US$23.7 billion) according to a FICCI-EY report. The sector is expected to reach ₹2.23 trillion (US$30.6 billion) by 2023.
News categories: FICCI, EY, Dilip Chenoy, Ashish Pherwani, Digital TV, India, Market Research
India free TV viewership to touch 46 million households by 2020
Jul 5, 2017 – Free TV viewership in India is set to register exponential growth, reaching 46m households by 2020, according to a report from EY. This will be in addition to consumption of content on mobile DTT handsets.
News categories: EY, Ashish Pherwani, Digital TV, India, Market Research
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia