Digital TV News: Bill Ablondi
54% of US homes now have at least one Smart Home device
Jan 7, 2020 – Smart homes have now become the majority in the US. A Strategy Analytics survey taken in Q4 2019 suggests that 54% of homes own at least one smart home device, with the most popular being smart speakers, interactive security systems and smart thermostats.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jack Narcotta, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
Global Smart Home market to surpass $100 billion in 2019
Sep 25, 2019 – Strategy Analytics projects that consumer spending on smart home related hardware, services and installation fees will reach $103 billion in 2019 and grow to $157 billion by 2023. The company predicts that spending on devices will account for 54% of the total in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jack Narcotta, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Smart Home will drive IoT to 50 billion devices
Oct 26, 2017 – The Internet of Things continues to expand rapidly, and the smart home will be one of the keys to further growth through the 2020s, according to Strategy Analytics. Nearly 20 billion IoT and connected devices will be deployed worldwide by the end of this year.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Mercer, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
Consumer Smart Home spending to grow to $158bn by 2022
Feb 28, 2017 – Strategy Analytics expects a period of competitive turbulence as new vendors vie for position in the burgeoning smart home market. Business models are in flux as service providers seek sustainable revenues other than for security monitoring.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Service provider Smart Home opportunity to hit $62 billion by 2020
Oct 17, 2016 – According to Strategy Analytics, by 2020, consumers will be spending nearly $130 billion annually on smart home offerings, with 47%, or more than $60 billion, being available to service providers.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Bill Ablondi, BBWF, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0