Digital TV News: Corus
Pluto TV debuts in Canada
Dec 1, 2022 – Pluto TV has made its debut in Canada, streaming more than 20,000 hours of free programming to Canadians. This marks Pluto TV's most robust content at launch offering to-date.
News categories: Pluto TV, Corus Entertainment, Olivier Jollet, Troy Reeb, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Pluto TV to launch with Corus in Canada this fall
Jun 8, 2022 – Corus (TSX: CJR.B) and Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) have announced that Pluto TV will launch in Canada this fall. Corus will be the ad representative for what is positioned to become one of the largest FAST services in the country.
News categories: Corus, Pluto TV, Paramount, Greg McLelland, Olivier Jollet, Advertising, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
GroupM launches Finecast addressable TV in Canada
Mar 5, 2020 – GroupM has announced the Canadian launch of Finecast. After launching and running campaigns in the UK and Australia, this entrance into the Canadian market solidifies Finecast as a global platform for targeting audiences via connected TV.
News categories: Finecast, GroupM, Jakob Nielsen, Stuart Garvie, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Rogers Unveils Television On Demand Online In Canada
May 26, 2010 – Rogers Communications (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B)(NYSE: RCI) has launched Rogers On Demand Online, featuring new content and enhanced services including social tools, primetime and multicultural programming, higher resolution and live streaming.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Streaming
Shaw and Corus Launch a 3D Revolution
May 6, 2009 – Shaw Communications (TSX: SJR.B, NYSE: SJR) and Corus Entertainment (TSX: CJR.B, NYSE: CJR) have introduced the largest offering of 3D TV in Canada. Shaw VoD and Corus' Movie Central will roll out a range of 3D content directly to the home.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Corus Entertainment, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Metaverse
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023