Digital TV News: Heartland Video Systems
Harmonic powers ATSC 3.0 across the U.S.
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its XOS software is powering NEXTGEN TV services across the U.S., enabling the delivery of ATSC 3.0 channels with bandwidth efficiency and enhanced video quality.
News categories: Harmonic, Pearl TV, BitPath, Heartland Video Systems, Gil Rudge, Anne Schelle, John Hane, Dennis Klas, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
DigiCAP introduces low-cost broadcast translator for ATSC 3.0
Apr 10, 2023 – DigiCAP has adapted its rebroadcasting technology to create an ATSC3.0 translator to help extend the range of ATSC 1.0 and 3.0 television signals into rural areas.
News categories: DigiCAP, Heartland Video Systems, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
DigiCAP, LG and Pearl TV trial in-car handoff between ATSC 3.0 TV stations
Mar 14, 2022 – In a test car, LG installed a system to receive and display ATSC 3.0 signals on a rear-seat entertainment TV. As the car traveled from the signal coverage of one TV station to the next, the NRT handoff technology succeeded in keeping a steady TV signal on the receiver device.
News categories: DigiCAP, LG Electronics, Pearl TV, Yeongho Je, Anne Schell, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Synamedia participating in Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative
Dec 21, 2021 – Synamedia has announced its participation in the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative bringing ATSC 3.0 to Washington, D.C. The Collaborative was established by Pearl TV in coordination with Howard University.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Elke Hungenaer, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Meredith stations in Portland to offer NextGen TV with Triveni Digital
Jun 23, 2020 – Triveni Digital has announced that Meredith television stations KPDX and KPTV in Portland, Oregon, will use Triveni Digital products to ensure quality of service for viewers who are watching ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 streams.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Meredith, Ralph Bachofen, Tom Casey, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media