Digital TV News: Jim Packer
Vimeo launches global TV store with STARZ
Oct 18, 2016 – Vimeo has launched its Global television storefront in partnership with Lionsgate. The service is one of the first to deliver premium scripted U.S. content to consumers in over 150 countries around the world at the same time.
News categories: Vimeo, Starz, Lionsgate, Sam Toles, Jeffrey Hirsch, Jim Packer, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Lionsgate streaming service for Alibaba STB
Jul 15, 2014 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF) and Alibaba have joined forces to launch Lionsgate Entertainment World (LGEW), a streaming service for China that will be available through Alibaba's latest generation of set-top box.
News categories: Lionsgate, Alibaba, Jon Feltheimer, Patrick Liu, Jim Packer, Brian Goldsmith, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Amazon teams with Samsung, Warner, Lionsgate and others on 4K Ultra HD
Jan 6, 2014 – Amazon Instant Video has announced that it is working with the world’s leading consumer electronics companies, top Hollywood studios and TV programmers to offer customers a premium 4K Ultra HD experience.
News categories: Amazon, Bill Carr, Kyungshik Lee, Ron Sanders, Jim Packer, Mike Dunn, Digital TV, Streaming
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform