Digital TV News: Jitesh Ubrani
549.5 million smart home devices to ship in 2018
Jun 21, 2018 – The worldwide smart home devices market, inclusive of smart speakers, digital media adapters, lighting, thermostats, and more, is forecast to ship 549.5 million devices in 2018, growing 26.8% over the prior year, according to IDC.
News categories: International Data Corp, Adam Wright, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
433.1 million smart home devices shipped worldwide in 2017
Mar 29, 2018 – According to IDC, in 2017, 433.1 million smart home devices were shipped worldwide, growing 27.6% from the previous year. Looking ahead, IDC anticipates a CAGR of 18.5% as the market balloons to 939.7 million devices shipped in 2022.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Adam Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
AR/VR headset demand expected to rebound in 2018
Mar 19, 2018 – Worldwide shipments for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) headsets will grow to 68.9 million units in 2022 with a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 52.5%, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Augmented and VR headset market to reaching 99.4 million units in 2021
Mar 16, 2017 – New device launches, an expanding array of content for both consumer and enterprise users, and lower price points will propel the worldwide augmented and virtual reality headset device market at a breakneck pace, according to IDC.
News categories: International Data Corporation, Ramon Llamas, Jitesh Ubrani, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
AR/VR headsets shipments expected to grow at a 5 year CAGR of 108.3%
Dec 15, 2016 – According to IDC, worldwide AR and VR headset shipments are expected to see a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 108.3% over 2015-2020, reaching 76.0 million units by 2020. The more affordable VR devices will continue to lead the market in terms of volume.
News categories: International Data Corp, Ryan Reith, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership