Digital TV News: Jonathan Barnard
Video entertainment adspend stable this year despite pandemic
Nov 2, 2020 – Zenith has forecast that video entertainment advertising will shrink by just 0.2% in 2020 across ten key markets this year. Video entertainment adspend will far outperform the ad market as a whole, which will drop by 8.7% across these same markets.
News categories: Zenith, Christian Lee, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
Dec 9, 2019 – Advertisers will increase their global ad expenditure by 4.3% in 2020, but television will record zero growth over the period, as price inflation counterbalances the decline in global audiences, according to Zenith's Advertising Expenditure Forecasts.
News categories: Zenith, Matt James, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
Sep 16, 2019 – The average person will spend 100 minutes each day watching online video in 2021, up from 84 minutes this year, according to Zenith’s Online Video Forecasts 2019 report. That’s the equivalent of watching 25 continuous days of video in 2021.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Television remains the most popular global medium
Jun 10, 2019 – According to Zenith Media, television remains the biggest medium globally, attracting 167 minutes of viewing each day in 2019. Television viewing is predicted to fall slowly to 165 minutes a day in 2021, to then account for 33% of all media consumption.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Online video viewing to exceed an hour a day in 2018
Jul 16, 2018 – Global consumers will spend an average of 67 minutes a day watching online video this year, up from 56 minutes last year, according to Zenith. By 2020 the average person will be spending 84 minutes a day watching videos online.
News categories: Zenith Media, Jonathan Barnard, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Over 500 million multichannel TV homes in Asia Pacific
Dec 1, 2014 – According to CASBAA's Asia Pacific Multichannel TV Advertising 2015 book, the Asia Pacific now boasts 500,639,000 multichannel homes. The pay-TV advertising market continues to grow with a 9.4% increase expected for 2014.
News categories: CASBAA, ZenithOptimedia, Christopher Slaughter, Jonathan Barnard, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX