Digital TV News: Jonathan Barnard
Video entertainment adspend stable this year despite pandemic
Nov 2, 2020 – Zenith has forecast that video entertainment advertising will shrink by just 0.2% in 2020 across ten key markets this year. Video entertainment adspend will far outperform the ad market as a whole, which will drop by 8.7% across these same markets.
News categories: Zenith, Christian Lee, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
Dec 9, 2019 – Advertisers will increase their global ad expenditure by 4.3% in 2020, but television will record zero growth over the period, as price inflation counterbalances the decline in global audiences, according to Zenith's Advertising Expenditure Forecasts.
News categories: Zenith, Matt James, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
Sep 16, 2019 – The average person will spend 100 minutes each day watching online video in 2021, up from 84 minutes this year, according to Zenith’s Online Video Forecasts 2019 report. That’s the equivalent of watching 25 continuous days of video in 2021.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Television remains the most popular global medium
Jun 10, 2019 – According to Zenith Media, television remains the biggest medium globally, attracting 167 minutes of viewing each day in 2019. Television viewing is predicted to fall slowly to 165 minutes a day in 2021, to then account for 33% of all media consumption.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Online video viewing to exceed an hour a day in 2018
Jul 16, 2018 – Global consumers will spend an average of 67 minutes a day watching online video this year, up from 56 minutes last year, according to Zenith. By 2020 the average person will be spending 84 minutes a day watching videos online.
News categories: Zenith Media, Jonathan Barnard, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Over 500 million multichannel TV homes in Asia Pacific
Dec 1, 2014 – According to CASBAA's Asia Pacific Multichannel TV Advertising 2015 book, the Asia Pacific now boasts 500,639,000 multichannel homes. The pay-TV advertising market continues to grow with a 9.4% increase expected for 2014.
News categories: CASBAA, ZenithOptimedia, Christopher Slaughter, Jonathan Barnard, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5