Digital TV News: Jonathan Barnard
Video entertainment adspend stable this year despite pandemic
Nov 2, 2020 – Zenith has forecast that video entertainment advertising will shrink by just 0.2% in 2020 across ten key markets this year. Video entertainment adspend will far outperform the ad market as a whole, which will drop by 8.7% across these same markets.
News categories: Zenith, Christian Lee, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
Dec 9, 2019 – Advertisers will increase their global ad expenditure by 4.3% in 2020, but television will record zero growth over the period, as price inflation counterbalances the decline in global audiences, according to Zenith's Advertising Expenditure Forecasts.
News categories: Zenith, Matt James, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
Sep 16, 2019 – The average person will spend 100 minutes each day watching online video in 2021, up from 84 minutes this year, according to Zenith’s Online Video Forecasts 2019 report. That’s the equivalent of watching 25 continuous days of video in 2021.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Television remains the most popular global medium
Jun 10, 2019 – According to Zenith Media, television remains the biggest medium globally, attracting 167 minutes of viewing each day in 2019. Television viewing is predicted to fall slowly to 165 minutes a day in 2021, to then account for 33% of all media consumption.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Online video viewing to exceed an hour a day in 2018
Jul 16, 2018 – Global consumers will spend an average of 67 minutes a day watching online video this year, up from 56 minutes last year, according to Zenith. By 2020 the average person will be spending 84 minutes a day watching videos online.
News categories: Zenith Media, Jonathan Barnard, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Over 500 million multichannel TV homes in Asia Pacific
Dec 1, 2014 – According to CASBAA's Asia Pacific Multichannel TV Advertising 2015 book, the Asia Pacific now boasts 500,639,000 multichannel homes. The pay-TV advertising market continues to grow with a 9.4% increase expected for 2014.
News categories: CASBAA, ZenithOptimedia, Christopher Slaughter, Jonathan Barnard, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029