Digital TV News: Mike Dean
'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
Jun 22, 2021 – Several U.S. television distributors and TV brands have announced the formation of Go Addressable, an industry initiative designed to accelerate efforts to deliver scaled, addressable TV.
News categories: Go Addressable, Adam Gerber, Mike Dean, Sean Cunningham, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
Jan 14, 2021 – ViacomCBS and DISH Media have announced an industry breakthrough by delivering the first-ever addressable impressions within a live national broadcast via MVPD set-top box.
News categories: ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio, Mike Dean, Tim Myers, Harish Narasimhan, Advertising, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Project OAR expands with Scripps and ViacomCBS
May 11, 2020 – The E.W. Scripps Company and an expanded group from ViacomCBS have joined Project OAR, the consortium working to recommend protocols for TV programmers and platforms to manage, sell and deliver advertising on smart TVs.
News categories: Project OAR, Scripps, ViacomCBS, Kerry Oslund, Mike Dean, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Broadcast and cable networks test linear addressable TV ad platform with Nielsen
Jan 7, 2020 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced the beta launch of its Addressable TV platform. As part of the beta, leading programmers will test the solution by running addressable ad campaigns and evaluating how it interoperates with their workflows.
News categories: Nielsen, Kelly Abcarian, Peter Olsen, Kim Kelleher, Mike Dean, Keith Kazerman, Dan Aversano, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
U.S. media companies and VIZIO form addressable advertising consortium
Mar 12, 2019 – U.S. media and technology companies, in collaboration with smart TV company VIZIO, have announced the formation of a consortium dedicated to the development and deployment of a new, open standard for addressable advertising on connected TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Project OAR, William Wang, Mike Dean, Jesse Redniss, Dave Clark, Jodie McAfee, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024