Content Identification (ACR, watermarking) News
Hisense enables NEXTGEN TV interactivity via ATSC 3.0 watermark detection
Oct 24, 2023 – Hisense is introducing watermark detection for NEXTGEN TV, based on Verance technology, to its ATSC 3.0 TV products. The watermark signals trigger the launch of NEXTGEN TV broadcast applications.
News categories: Verance, Hisense USA, Nil Shah, Douglas Kern, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Sinclair, Gray, Graham & Capitol adopt Verance NextGen TV watermarking
Apr 14, 2023 – Verance has made agreements with Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media Group and Capitol Broadcasting to implement the Verance Aspect audio watermark on stations across the groups.
News categories: Verance, Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media, Capitol Broadcasting, Nil Shah, Mike Kralec, David Burke, Anthony Plosz, Peter Sockett, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Médiamétrie partners with Nielsen and Kantar for TV and video measurement
Dec 19, 2022 – Médiamétrie has announced technical partnerships with Nielsen and Kantar, to offer the French market audience analytics meeting the need for cross-media editorial and advertising measurement.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Nielsen, Kantar, Yannick Carriou, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, France
IAB Tech Lab initiative aims to bring addressability to all TV environments
Nov 10, 2022 – IAB Tech Lab has launched an initiative to set technical standards to bring universal addressability to all TV environments. To achieve many of the goals Video Watermark Technology will be instrumental.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Shailley Singh, Stephane Krzywoglowy, Ken Norcross, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Verance ATSC 3.0 watermark detection implemented on LG NextGen TVs
Apr 26, 2022 – Verance has announced that LG is the first TV manufacturer to implement ATSC 3.0 watermark detection on NextGen TVs. Without watermarking, viewers receiving TV via cable, satellite and OTT will be unable to receive ATSC 3.0 interactive services.
News categories: Verance, LG Electronics, Nil Shah, Matthew Durgin, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
Jul 1, 2020 – Alphonso has signed-up two more smart TV providers, Seiki and Skyworth, to embed Alphonso Video AI in their TVs. The company is also working with CBS and Cox Media to provide attribution to local advertisers in the U.S.
News categories: Alphonso, Seiki, Skyworth, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
Jun 1, 2020 – FourthWall Media has introduced Adapt, a platform tool to onboard linear, addressable, and digital advertising campaigns, and has added ACR data from Smart TVs to its cable set-top box viewing dataset into the Reveal analytics platform.
News categories: FourthWall Media, Nielsen, Ellen Dudar, Matt Reid, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Edgeware chooses Norigin Media OTT Testing-aaS
May 14, 2020 – Norigin Media is to provide quality assurance for Edgeware’s StreamPilot, a streaming control solution for multi-CDN environments. The collaboration will be based on Norigin Media's OTT Testing-aaS packages.
News categories: Norigin Media, Edgeware’, Ajey Anand, Kalle Henriksson, Content Identification, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Telos Audio Processor integrates Verance watermarking for ATSC 3.0
May 12, 2020 – Telos Alliance has announced the availability of Verance Aspect watermarking in its LA-5300 Broadcast Audio Processor. The LA-5300 processor was developed by Telos Alliance specifically for ATSC 3.0 services.
News categories: Verance, Telos Alliance, Nil Shah, John Schur, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024