Content Identification (ACR, watermarking) News
Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
Jul 1, 2020 – Alphonso has signed-up two more smart TV providers, Seiki and Skyworth, to embed Alphonso Video AI in their TVs. The company is also working with CBS and Cox Media to provide attribution to local advertisers in the U.S.
News categories: Alphonso, Seiki, Skyworth, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
Jun 1, 2020 – FourthWall Media has introduced Adapt, a platform tool to onboard linear, addressable, and digital advertising campaigns, and has added ACR data from Smart TVs to its cable set-top box viewing dataset into the Reveal analytics platform.
News categories: FourthWall Media, Nielsen, Ellen Dudar, Matt Reid, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Edgeware chooses Norigin Media OTT Testing-aaS
May 14, 2020 – Norigin Media is to provide quality assurance for Edgeware’s StreamPilot, a streaming control solution for multi-CDN environments. The collaboration will be based on Norigin Media's OTT Testing-aaS packages.
News categories: Norigin Media, Edgeware’, Ajey Anand, Kalle Henriksson, Content Identification, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Telos Audio Processor integrates Verance watermarking for ATSC 3.0
May 12, 2020 – Telos Alliance has announced the availability of Verance Aspect watermarking in its LA-5300 Broadcast Audio Processor. The LA-5300 processor was developed by Telos Alliance specifically for ATSC 3.0 services.
News categories: Verance, Telos Alliance, Nil Shah, John Schur, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia announces ATSC 3.0 IRD for cable operators
May 6, 2020 – Synamedia has developed an ATSC 3.0 receiver based on its Media Edge Gateway receiver/decoder (IRD). The solution can function as both an RF and IP receiver, and will enable cable operators to capitalize on the next-generation distribution market.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
dataxu integration expands Roku ad platform
May 5, 2020 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has unveiled OneView Ad Platform, a platform leveraging TV identity data to manage its OTT advertising in the U.S. The OneView Ad Platform integrates Roku advertising with identity and attribution tools from dataxu, which Roku acquired in November 2019.
News categories: Roku, Scott Rosenberg, Rhasaan Wilks, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
CIMM launches best practices study on combining Smart TV and STB data
May 1, 2020 – CIMM has announced the launch of a study to develop best practices in building large scale, granular data sets to measure all forms of TV viewing by combining the anonymous viewing data from both Smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: CIMM, Pre-Meditated Media, Jane Clarke, Gerard Broussard, Howard Shimmel, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
Mar 31, 2020 – VideoAmp has launched the most comprehensive and accurate commingled dataset in the US, boasting 26M households and 37M devices. VideoAmp has partnered with two of the largest Smart TV OEMs and 38 MVPDs for its viewership data.
News categories: VideoAmp, Randy Laughlin, Michael Parkes, Jonathan Steuer, Maggie Zhang, Andrea Palmer, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Verance adds video watermarking to its Aspect platform
Jan 2, 2020 – Verance has announced the availability of video watermark technology as part of its Aspect platform, bringing enhanced capabilities to the Aspect audio watermark that has already been deployed by major broadcasters in the United States.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2022, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil