Digital TV News: Rebecca Heap
discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
Apr 8, 2021 – Discovery and Comcast have announced the launch of discovery+ on Xfinity Flex. Additionally, discovery+ will begin its rollout to X1 in the coming weeks, giving Xfinity TV customers access alongside their TV subscription.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Comcast, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Rebecca Heap, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast launches Disney+ and ESPN+ on Xfinity
Mar 29, 2021 – Comcast and The Walt Disney Company have announced the start of the rollout of Disney+ and ESPN+ on Xfinity. Disney+ and ESPN+ join a growing collection of streaming services available over the Internet on X1 and Flex.
News categories: Comcast, The Walt Disney Company, Rebecca Heap, Michael Paull, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast to launch Disney+ and ESPN+ on Xfinity
Dec 10, 2020 – Comcast and The Walt Disney Company have announced that they have reached an agreement that includes the rights for Comcast to distribute the Disney+ and ESPN+ services on its Xfinity X1 and Flex platforms.
News categories: Comcast, Disney, Rebecca Heap, Michael Paull, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
May 27, 2020 – Comcast has announced that existing Xfinity HBO customers will have access to HBO Max at no additional cost via the HBO Max app and website while the companies work to quickly bring the app to the Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex platforms.
News categories: Comcast, WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rebecca Heap, Rich Warren, Digital TV
Comcast first MVPD to launch CBS All Access STB app
Jan 8, 2020 – ViacomCBS and Comcast have announced that the companies have renewed their content carriage agreement. In addition, CBS All Access, CBS’ SVOD and live streaming service, will be available on Comcast’s Xfinity X1 and Flex platforms later this year.
News categories: Comcast, ViacomCBS, Rebecca Heap, Ray Hopkins, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.