Digital TV News: Strong Media
Strong to launch French and Arabic pay TV for Sub-Saharan Africa
Mar 30, 2015 – Strong Media SAL-Off-Shore (SMO) has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) to lease capacity on EUTELSAT 16A to deploy a range of English, French and Arabic-speaking television services over Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Strong Media, Eutelsat, Samer Mourad, Michel Azibert, Africa, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MTG Launches Viasat Ukraine Satellite Pay-TV Platform
Apr 16, 2008 – Modern Times Group MTG AB (MTG) has announced that the Viasat Ukraine DTH satellite platform will be launched on Monday 21 April.
News categories: MTG, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
MTG to Launch DTH Satellite Platform in the Ukraine
Sep 10, 2007 – Modern Times Group MTG AB (STO:MTGA)(STO:MTGB) has announced that it has signed a partnership agreement with Strong Media Group to launch the first digital premium DTH satellite TV operator in Ukraine.
News categories: Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022