DIRECTV launches Whole-Home DVR serviceMonday, June 7th, 2010
- DIRECTV HD DVR Customers Can Now Record And Watch Shows, From Any Room of the House – All With A Single DVR
- The DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR Service Gives Customers the Power to Share Recorded Programs with up to 15 Televisions
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV), the world’s most popular video service, is giving customers a virtual HD DVR in any room of the home with the launch of its new DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service, which is currently available to DIRECTV customers nationwide. In addition, beginning today, DIRECTV is launching a national print, broadcast and online advertising campaign to coincide with the launch of the new service.
With the new multi-room service, customers have even more control over their television viewing experience by being able to share recorded programs on any TV in the home, begin a program in one room and finish it in another, and access DIRECTV’s DVR technology on non-DVR HD receivers.
The DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service eliminates the need for multiple HD DVRs by allowing customers to record and watch their favorite shows in up to 15 rooms in their home with a single HD DVR.
“We’ve created a connected whole-home service that is perfectly attuned to our customers viewing habits and lifestyles, delivering a DVR experience with maximum convenience and control,” said Romulo Pontual, CTO of DIRECTV. “The DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service truly enables customers to watch what they want, where they want and when they want it, by simply using a single HD DVR.”
The DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service is available for $3 per month and provides customers with features such as:
- Access to a single, combined playlist of all of their recorded programs on any connected television in the home,
- DVR controls in every room, including record, delete, pause and rewind functionality,
- Stop a recorded show in one room and continue watching in a different room,
- Manage DVR playlist from any connected room
- Set separate parental controls for each TV
- Watch recorded shows in HD in any connected room