Entropic Communications Empowers the Home Network With New Silicon Solutions, Showcased at CESThursday, December 16th, 2010
SAN DIEGO — 2011 International CES — It’s an exciting time for connected home entertainment with deployments of new, powerful services such as multi-room DVR, by leading cable, satellite and telco service providers. Enabling these services is Entropic Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENTR), a leading provider of silicon and software solutions that enable connected home entertainment, who will be showcasing its portfolio of products to empower consumers’ whole-home entertainment experiences at CES, January 6-9, 2011.
At CES, booth #36212-South Hall, Entropic will be demonstrating its field proven solutions for enabling connected home entertainment:
- Don’t compromise your home entertainment experience. Demo Entropic’s latest home networking silicon built on MoCA® (Multimedia over Coax), the most prominent, reliable and widely distributed wired home networking standard available. See the only home entertainment networking standard used by all three pay TV segments-in action—offering enough capacity and support for multiple streams of HD video to ensure an unparalleled multi-room DVR and Over-the-Top video user experience.
- Satellite service providers interested in simplifying the installation, upgrade and deployment of DVR and digital sharing services can experience Entropic’s innovative Satellite Outdoor Unit Channel Stacking Switch solution. This single cable network solution delivers a more reliable system that improves the customer experience–which ultimately lessens churn, and allows for future home networking solutions to be seamlessly implemented.
- As silicon tuners replace their traditional CAN counterparts, come and trial Entropic’s game changing all CMOS tuner technology with its Multi-Mode Hybrid Silicon Tuners. This technology delivers the best quality of experience to consumers regardless of the available broadcast service, and for the OEM, ensures high performance and significant cost reduction by simplifying design complexity and drastically lowering development costs.
- Answering the growing need for a high-performance, cost-effective, future-proofed video delivery technology for multiple dwelling units (MDUs), Entropic’s Ethernet over Coax (EoC) solution delivers scalable “last kilometer” connectivity to bring video-on-demand (VoD) and data access applications to millions of subscribers throughout the world.
- Consumers want a more uniform user experience for accessing, viewing, and controlling content on all the display devices throughout the home. Experience this reality with a demonstration of the RVU Alliance Remote User Interface (RUI) technology running over an Entropic MoCA network. RVU™ is a client/server-based technology based on DLNA and UPnP that allows the viewer to experience a consistent, pixel accurate home server-generated user interface, on various consumer electronics devices within the home. Operators using RVU, benefit from providing their viewing experience and features to connected CE devices in a consistent manner.
To experience the future of connected home entertainment with Entropic Communications or to schedule a private meeting, please contact us at 858 768 3673 or visit us at: CES, booth #36212, South Hall.