Digital TV News: 4EVER
Eutelsat unveils HDR Ultra HD channel for IBC 2016
Sep 8, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced the launch from the HOTBIRD video neighbourhood of an Ultra HD channel showing HDR (High Dynamic Range) content using HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) technology, the new HDR standard developed by the BBC and NHK.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Chabrol, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Satellite
4EVER consortium to present UHDTV and HEVC research at NAB 2014
Apr 3, 2014 – At NAB Show 2014, the 4EVER project is to show two demonstrations that combine UHDTV and HEVC, including a world premiere: the integration of HEVC and DASH within an HTML5 browser for UHDTV content.
News categories: 4EVER, NABShow, OTT, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Sony to show 4K Ultra HD at MIPTV
Apr 3, 2013 – As part of its 50th anniversary theme of Screening the Future, MIPTV has partnered with Sony Corporation to present what will be the next game-changing innovation in television's evolution, ultra-high-definition. MIPTV will take place in Cannes, 8-11 April 2013.
News categories: MIPTV, Sony Corp, Content Distribution, TV Services
4EVER Consortium to advance Ultra-HDTV technologies
Apr 12, 2012 – ATEME has announced the launch of a French research program to reduce the bandwidth required for the delivery of Ultra High Definition Television using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC - MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: 4EVER, ATEME, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers