Digital TV News: Faith Muthambi
South Africa begins analogue switch-off
Oct 25, 2016 – South Africa began the first phase of Analogue Switch-Off (ASO) on Friday, 28 October 2016 in the Northern Cape. This major national milestone forms part of the country’s Broadcasting Digital Migration (BDM) process.
News categories: Ministry of Communications, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
South Africa to install first subsidised STBs on December 17th
Dec 9, 2015 – South Africa's Communications Minister will, as part of the country's Broadcasting Digital Migration project, install the first batch of government subsidised set-top boxes (STBs) in households in Keimoes in the Northern Cape on December 17th.
News categories: Department of Communications, Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Digital migration to kick-off in South Africa's Northern Cape
Sep 29, 2015 – South Africa's Minister of Communications has announced that the registration process for subsidised set-top-boxes will begin at the Square Kilometre Array community of Keimoes, Kai Garib Municipality, Northern Cape on the 2nd of October 2015.
News categories: Ministry of Communications, Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
South Africa's digital TV transition 18 months from completion
Apr 17, 2015 – Speaking at the Southern African Digital Broadcasting Workshop, South Africa's Minister of Communications said that the country plans to implement its transition to digital broadcasting over the next 18 months.
News categories: Faith Muthambi, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia