Digital TV News: Jimshade Chaudhari
Sling TV first vMVPD on Oculus Go VR headset
Dec 17, 2018 – Sling TV has become the first virtual multichannel video programming distributor (vMVPD) to launch on Oculus Go, the VR headset. The Sling TV experience on Oculus Go is equivalent to watching on a 180-inch television.
News categories: Sling TV, Oculus, Jimshade Chaudhari, Digital TV, OTT, USA, VR
Sling TV now available on select Samsung Smart TVs
Nov 7, 2017 – Sling TV has became the first live and on-demand over-the-top (OTT) service available on select Samsung Smart TVs. The launch of Sling TV on this new platform enables Sling TV to expand its leadership in device compatibility.
News categories: Sling TV, Samsung, Jimshade Chaudhari, Salek Brodsky, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
DISH Anywhere now available on Amazon Kindle Fire HDX tablets
Mar 5, 2014 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced that its DISH Anywhere™ app is now available for Kindle Fire HDX tablets. The app gives DISH customers the ability to watch live TV, DVR recordings and On Demand titles on-the-go.
News categories: DISH Network, Jimshade Chaudhari, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism