Digital TV News: ARM
Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
Dec 4, 2013 – Elliptic Technologies has announced the availability of tVault™ DRM for Microsoft® PlayReady® to secure content on connected devices. Along with this launch, Elliptic has fully integrated the tVault™ DRM solution on the NVIDIA® Tegra® 4i mobile processor.
News categories: Elliptic Technologies, NVIDIA, Microsoft PlayReady, Ogi Brkic, Glenn Schuster, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
Dec 4, 2013 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced a Full HD media processor, the ARMADA® 1500 Plus system-on-chip (SoC), designed for smart video products based on Android JellyBean 4.2.2. Hisense is to use the SoC in TV Products supporting Google Services for Smart TVs.
News categories: Marvell, Hisense, Weili Dai, Vincent Dureau, Charlie Wang, Digital TV, ICs, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TV market declines again in 2013
Nov 6, 2013 – Following a dismal third quarter, the outlook for global TV shipments appears even dimmer in 2013, with shipments now forecast to fall by 5 percent, marking the second consecutive year of decline, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Jusy Hong, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Airtel launches SD set-top box with external storage
Oct 27, 2013 – Airtel Digital TV has launched a new standard definition (SD) set-top-box. The new box will allow customers to enjoy recording by just plugging-in an external storage device, allowing users to pause any TV show, even live programmes, for a quick TV break.
News categories: Airtel, Digital TV, India, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box
Amino integrates VUDU service into IPTV platform
Oct 24, 2013 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) has announced that it is to integrate VUDU's subscription-free, video-on-demand movie service into its Live Home Media Centre IPTV platform.
News categories: Amino, VUDU, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Flash Networks optimises MPEG-DASH video streaming
Oct 22, 2013 – Flash Networks has announced the availability of MPEG-DASH video optimization that reduces network congestion and improves the quality of experience for subscribers without manipulating video content.
News categories: Flash Networks, Ofer Gottfried, Infrastructure, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT
Airtel Digital TV introduces LIVE Tweets on TV
Oct 21, 2013 – India's Airtel Digital TV has announced integration with Twitter to display LIVE Tweets on TV. A convergence of tweeting and television viewing, the concept is an innovation in the DTH industry that allows customers to experience Twitter on TV.
News categories: Airtel, Brizz TV, Shashi Arora, Jana Messerschmidt, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Social TV
ARM and eyeSight bring gesture recognition to ARM Mali GPUs
Oct 14, 2013 – eyeSight has announced that it has completed extensive work in partnership with ARM to optimize its leading gesture recognition solution for use on ARM’s Mali T600 Graphics Processing Units.
News categories: eyeSight, ARM, Pete Hutton, Gideon Shmuel, Middleware, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4