Digital TV News: Irdeto
Entropic reports third quarter 2013 results
Oct 29, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. Entropic reported third quarter net revenues of $56.4 million. This compares to net revenues of $70.6 million in the second quarter of 2013, and $89.8 million in the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Entropic, LNB, MoCA, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Indonesia's Orange TV launches OTT services with Irdeto Rights
Oct 17, 2013 – Irdeto has announced that Orange TV, a pay TV service from Indonesia’s PT Mega Media, has selected Irdeto Rights to provide security for OTT services across a wide range of unmanaged consumer devices, including the implementation of Irdeto’s exclusive Secure Key Exchange.
News categories: Irdeto, Orange TV, Supeno Lembang, Bengt Jonsson, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Digisoft.tv introduces new Virtual STB
Sep 26, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has introduced its Virtual STB. A pure software product which brings all the services of a hybrid set-top box to connected TVs, the Virtual STB is set to revolutionise the smart TV market by removing CAPEX costs traditionally associated with the technology.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Fearghal Kelly, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Digiturk and Altech Multimedia to launch hybrid HD set-top-box
Sep 17, 2013 – Digiturk has launched a next generation hybrid set-top box developed by its partner Altech Multimedia. The new line of set-tops integrates TeleIDEA's Smartware with Irdeto Conditional Access to secure Digiturk's broadcast content.
News categories: Altech, Digiturk, TeleIDEA, Irdeto, Taylan Özsipahi, Bartolomeo Caputo, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
International Datacasting teams with Irdeto for MDU market
Sep 12, 2013 – International Datacasting (TSX: IDC) and Irdeto (JSE: NPN) have joined forces. The partnership, which leverages Irdeto Media Protection, enables pay TV operators to launch secure IP-based services within Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs).
News categories: International Datacasting, Irdeto, Bengt Jonsson, Doug Lowther, Content Protection, Gateway, IBCShow, Satellite, Set Top Box
IMTV partners with Irdeto to launch 'BIGTV' service
Sep 9, 2013 – Irdeto has announced that IMTV, the new broadcasting arm of Indonesia's Lippo Group, has selected Irdeto Media Protection to securely deliver digital television content over BIGTV, a new premium DTH satellite service launched this month.
News categories: Irdeto, IMTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
MStar latest OTT chip now supports Irdeto Media Protection
Aug 27, 2013 – MStar Semiconductor brings Irdeto Media Protection compliance to its new platform for the Over The Top (OTT) Pay TV Set Top Box market, showcasing MStar MSD7862 chipset for SD/HD H.264 with HbbTV support.
News categories: MStar Semi, Irdeto, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, OTT, Semiconductor
NEOTION introduces Plustelka CI Plus 1.3 CAM in Slovakia
Aug 20, 2013 – NEOTION has announced that it has launched a Cardless CAM for Pay DTT service Plustelka in Slovakia. The offer will be broadcast on four nation-wide multiplexes: MUX1, MUX2, MUX3 with 10 free-to-air channels, and MUX4 with 12 pay TV channels for 5.99 Euros a month.
News categories: NEOTION, Plustelka, Digital TV, Slovakia, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense