Digital TV News: Irdeto
ORS to use Neotion CAM and Irdeto Media Protection for DVB-T2 service in Austria
Apr 12, 2013 — Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) has selected Neotion as technical partner for the launch of its new nationwide terrestrial TV service, called simpliTV. The simpliTV bouquet is based on DVB-T2 standard and Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, simpliTV, Austria, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
Cardless CAS in cable networks to grow 300% from 2012 to 2017
Apr 2, 2013 — According to ABI Research, many operators see software security as catching up to hardware security in terms of ability to cost-effectively protect content, especially in emerging markets with low content value (measured by monthly average revenue per user, ARPU, for Pay TV services).
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Market Research
Altech Multimedia and Digiturk introduce next generation hybrid set-top box
Mar 12, 2013 — Altech Multimedia and Digiturk have announced that they will jointly launch a next generation hybrid set-top box aimed at the evolving markets in Turkey and beyond. Altech Multimedia has supplied over 200,000 PVR products to Digiturk since its launch in 2010.
News categories: Altech Multimedia, Digiturk, Conditional Access, Digital TV, HbbTV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
New PVR Features for Cablecom Mexico
Mar 11, 2013 — Cablecom Mexico continues to expand its digital TV service with the launch of new features on its Digital 3.0 platform, built on mirada's Iris product, and integrated with Coship set-top-boxes and Irdeto conditional access.
News categories: mirada, Cablecom, Coship, Irdeto, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Mexico, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
FilmFlex Selects Irdeto to Protect On-Demand Movies on iOS and Android Devices
Mar 5, 2013 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that FilmFlex has selected the company to secure its premium entertainment assets on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. FilmFlex is using Irdeto's ActiveCloak™ to ensure the content delivered by FilmFlex customers is secured according to the robustness rules imposed by studios.
News categories: Irdeto, FilmFlex, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, UK
RSCC Picks Irdeto to Protect New Direct-to-Operator Satellite Services
Jan 31, 2013 — Irdeto has announced that Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) has selected Irdeto as a main provider of media protection solutions to secure the content of the commercial TV channels distributed via RSCC satellites.
News categories: Irdeto, RSCC, Content Protection, CSTB, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Trustonic Trust and Security for Connected Devices launched
Dec 18, 2012 — Trustonic, a company formed by ARM, Gemalto and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), has launched as a new standard security provider to address the increasing need for trust built into smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
Cablecom Mexico Selects Irdeto to Secure New Digital 3.0 Service
Oct 3, 2012 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Cablecom has selected the Irdeto Conditional Access System (CAS) for its Digital 3.0 pay TV offering. The HD service includes the possibility of connecting to multiple devices as well as pay-per-view and other premium content.
News categories: Irdeto, Cablecom, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mexico
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision