Digital TV News: MaxLinear
Technicolor selects MaxLinear chip for hybrid satellite/ISDB-T set-top box
May 8, 2013 — MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has selected its MxL683 for a new hybrid satellite / terrestrial (ISDB-T) high-definition (HD) set-top box (STB) for the Latin America market.
News categories: MaxLinear, Technicolor, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SES, Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear revolutionise satellite TV home distribution with industry's first IP-LNB
Apr 22, 2013 — SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG), Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) have announced that they have designing an essential component for cost-effective IP distribution of satellite television to the home – the first LNB incorporating 8-channel satellite-to-IP bridging technology.
News categories: SES S.A, Inverto, Abilis, MaxLinear, Digital TV, Home Networking, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Inverto Debuts Eight-Channel SAT>IP Gateway Powered by MaxLinear and STMicroelectronics
Jan 7, 2013 — MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL584 eight-channel single-chip satellite receiver will power the next-generation AirScreen™ satellite-to-IP (SAT>IP) gateway from Inverto Digital Labs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Inverto, STMicroelectronics, CES, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor
Zenverge to demonstrate Gateway Applications and HD HEVC Transcoding in Las Vegas
Jan 3, 2013 — Zenverge has announced that it will be demonstrating operator gateway solutions and industry-first, real-time HD HEVC transcoding technology at The Palazzo® hotel in Las Vegas, Jan 8-10, concurrent with CES 2013.
News categories: Zenverge, CES, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor
MaxLinear MxL683 Tuner+ISDB-T Demodulator IC in Mitsumi 'Time Shift' NIMs
Dec 12, 2012 — MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Mitsumi has started volume shipments of its six-channel 'time shift' TV network interface modules (NIM) for use in Japanese televisions based on MaxLinear’s MxL683.
News categories: MaxLinear, Mitsumi, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MaxLinear announces MxL608 tuner for cost-sensitive DVB-T and DTMB applications
Dec 5, 2012 — MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL608, a digital TV tuner optimized for cost-sensitive DVB-T and DTMB applications. The MxL608 is part of MaxLinear’s MxL600 'super radio' family of CMOS tuners.
News categories: MaxLinear, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MaxLinear Launches MxL500 Family of Full-Spectrum Capture™ Satellite Receiver ICs
Oct 25, 2012 — MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL500 family of Full-Spectrum Capture (FSC™) tuner-demodulators for DVB-S/S2 satellite television systems, supporting between one and four RF inputs and up to eight DVB-S/S2 demodulator outputs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MaxLinear Teams with SES on SAT>IP ICs Based on Full Spectrum Capture™ Satellite Technology
Sep 7, 2012 — MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and SES (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) have announced at the IBC 2012 trade show that the two companies are collaborating on multichannel satellite receiver ICs for next generation satellite-to-IP (SAT>IP) systems.
News categories: Maxlinear, SES S.A, IBC, Satellite, Semiconductor
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results