Digital TV News: MaxLinear
MaxLinear and Peregrine Semi team on dual-RF-input digital TV reference design
Nov 5, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced a collaboration with Peregrine Semiconductor (NASDAQ: PSMI) to produce a dual-RF-input digital TV front-end reference design, supporting reception of both digital terrestrial TV and cable TV.
News categories: MaxLinear, Peregrine Semi, Brian Sprague, Mark Schrepferman, Cable TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MRG releases silicon TV tuner market report
Oct 23, 2013 – MRG has released its latest report, Worldwide Silicon TV Tuners in Six Regions. MRG expects that the worldwide annual value of this market will remain flat to slightly negative over the coming years, hovering around the US$500 million per year level.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Gerry Kaufhold, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Zinwell picks MaxLinear Full-Spectrum Capture DVB-S/S2 receivers
Sep 15, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Zinwell, a major satellite TV set-top box manufacturer in Taiwan, has selected the MxL544 Full Spectrum Capture™ (FSC™) DVB-S/S2 receiver for a new family of satellite TV home media gateways.
News categories: MaxLinear, Zinwell, Chester Wu, Brian Sprague, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, IBCShow, Satellite, Semiconductor
MaxLinear commences hybrid TV tuner shipments to Samsung
Jul 23, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that it has begun production shipments of its MxL6xx family of software-programmable, low power, global hybrid television tuners in Samsung TVs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Samsung, Semiconductor, Smart TV
MaxLinear introduces the MxL661, its latest global hybrid TV tuner
Jul 15, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has introduced the MxL661, a software-programmable, low power, global hybrid television tuner. The MxL661 is based on MaxLinear's 'Super Radio' technology' and is now sampling.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Kaon Media selects MaxLinear for Latin America hybrid satellite-terrestrial STB
Jul 9, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Kaon Media has selected its MxL683 silicon tuner-demodulator device for a new, hybrid direct-to-home (DTH) satellite + terrestrial set-top box (STB) platform for the Latin America pay TV market.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kaon, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MaxLinear chosen by STMicroelectronics for DVB-T2 STB reference design
Jun 20, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced its cooperation with STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) on a DVB-T2 set-top box (STB) design for the emerging free-to-air and hybrid terrestrial STB markets in Europe and Southeast Asia.
News categories: MaxLinear, STMicroelectronics, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MaxLinear MxL683 selected for ST's ISDB-T STB reference design for Latin America
May 29, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL683 has been selected by STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) for the STiH207 reference design, a small form factor, cost-optimized set-top box (STB) design for Latin America.
News categories: MaxLinear, STMicroelectronics, ISDB-T, Latin America, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)