Via Embratel adds 59,000 subscribers in 1Q10Thursday, April 29th, 2010
TELMEX INTERNACIONAL, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV: TELINT; NYSE: TII; LATIBEX: XTII) has released its results report for the first quarter of 2010.
Brazil (Satellite – Via Embratel; Cable: NET)
Net Serviços’s network covers approximately 10.9 million home passed and is 80% bidirectional. This network covers approximately 3.8 million pay TV customers and has 3 million local and broadband access customers.
Satellite pay TV: The service Via Embratel, which was launched on December 1 2008, reached 79 million reais in sales and 221,051 services sold in the first quarter of 2010. By the end of the quarter, a total of 441,417 services were installed, up from 382,321 services at the end of the fourth quarter of 2009.
Colombia (Cable: Telmex)
Colombia’s network currently has 5.1 million home passed, of which 63% are bidirectional. At the end of the first quarter 2010, 2.8 million accesses (RGUs) were in effect, a 4.2% increase compared with the same period of last year.
Chile (Satellite/Cable: Telmex TV)
At the end of the first quarter 2010 RGUs totaled 699,000, a 41.0% increase compared with the same period of last year.
Peru (Satellite – Telmex TV SAT; Cable: Telmex TV)
At the end of the quarter, RGUs grew by 60.7% compared with the same period of last year, reaching a total of 328,000 accesses.
More: Earnings Release
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028